Toshiba NB200 android-x86-4.4-RC1

Luís Novo

Mar 7, 2014, 2:18:39 PM3/7/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello!
Using unetbootin first, and lili usb creator later, I have installed android-x86-4.4-RC1 on my Toshiba NB200 (dual boot with windows 8.0) with no problems.
The issue is that every time I reboot to Android, I have to make all configurations again and loose every changes i have made last boot!

I´m new in this forum and androi-x86, but, does this only happen to me?!
Thanks
Luís Novo

Chih-Wei Huang

Mar 12, 2014, 3:18:45 AM3/12/14
to Android-x86
Did you install it to an NTFS or ext3 partition?

If uses NTFS, make sure you have create the data.img
during the installation. Check if you have data.img
in the /android-4.4-RC1 subfolder.

If uses ext3, check if you have the data dir
in the /android-4.4-RC1 subfolder.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Luís Novo

Mar 12, 2014, 1:10:53 PM3/12/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Installation was in ext3 partition.
I only have a data folder: \VirtualBox\Portable-VirtualBox\data

Thank you!

Cambralenta

Mar 12, 2014, 1:44:19 PM3/12/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I have reinstall android-x86-4.4-RC1 and I have data folder inside Android folder.
The issue continues...
Thanks!

midi jari

Mar 13, 2014, 3:51:09 PM3/13/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
You are using a "LIVE" version of android x86, so after each reboot the data is erased, to keep it you should go through the install process (the fourth option in the boot menu) and then choose the partition / hard disk / USB you want to install Android on it, DO NOT SELECT THE INSTALLER USB, and choose to install GRUB if you need. Remember installing this on you PC hard drive on the wrong partition could erase the data on that partition BE CAREFUL!