Android x86 SOUND VNCSERVER

Kevin Peterson

Feb 18, 2016, 6:05:49 PM2/18/16
to Android-x86
We use Android x86 to teach kids about Android development at the local community center and one thing we do is have the Ax86 run on a VirtualBox and each kid has their own phone/tablet with a VNC client on it and they can see what we do during lecture.

ONE PROBLEM I just saw: There is no sounds going through from the VM to the VNC Clients... Do any of you know how we can fix this or what I should look into to allow the VNC client and VNC server to transfer sound? Or maybe an extra program to add.

-KP
Message has been deleted

Kevin Peterson

Mar 6, 2016, 10:16:18 PM3/6/16
to Android-x86
Sorry to bring this up. Was just wondering if anyone has any idea on this? How to transfer sound to remote from Android x86 VM.
Possibly a way to modify VNC for it? or use some other extra tool that people might know.

-KP

Hypo Turtle

Mar 7, 2016, 8:53:21 AM3/7/16
to Android-x86
Is your current setup
Windows running vnc server and Vbox - with Vbox running Android?
If so have you tried Windows running Vbox; Vbox running Vnc server?

There is probably another issue with that (vbox wifi is lan-bridged network).

Edit. Just had a search and vnc only seems to handle video - not sound at all. Looks like you might have to setup a PulseAudio server and push it over ssh.

Rinaldo Jonathan

Mar 7, 2016, 8:55:33 AM3/7/16
to android-x86

I think you can install VirtualBox extension, and enable Remote Display for each machines, and using RDP to remote it.

I never tried that anyway, so if it does not work, don't blame at me.

Rinaldo Jonathan

Mar 7, 2016, 8:56:18 AM3/7/16
to android-x86

VBox has RDP, not VNC server.
Also, VNC does not forward sound afaik.

Kevin Peterson

Mar 7, 2016, 2:31:10 PM3/7/16
to Android-x86
Hello Hypo Turtle, yea I've come to conclusion that VNC simply doesn't support audio. PulseAudio server huh? I'll look into that/ Do you know any opensource code I could use quickly regarding that?

Thanks so much
-KP

Kevin Peterson

Mar 7, 2016, 2:33:14 PM3/7/16
to Android-x86
I guess I just answered by own question Hypo. Seems it is an open source. Do you know though of anyone else who's added this to Android x86 and has instructions?

Thank you appriciate it,
-KP

Hypo Turtle

Mar 7, 2016, 3:27:21 PM3/7/16
to Android-x86
There's info here: https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Ports/Android/
supposedly on how to add/replace AudioFlinger to AOSP not sure how it works though or if there's likely to be an issue due to using a VM.