Android-x86 9 networking problems

o i

Oct 18, 2021, 6:11:04 AM10/18/21
to Android-x86
Hi, all
previously(on android 7 and 8 versions) i used ifconfig to manually configure network inside my android-x86 installation(in Virtuablox), here are my steps:
1. (on host) configure virtual adapter as bridged
2. (guest) ifconfig wifi_eth 192.168.1.100
3. (host) adb connect 192.168.1.100 - that worked for 7 and 8 version of android-x86 but not for 9 version(installed on the same vbox version)
in case of android 9 not adb connect nor ping is not working, but arping seems to be working fine.
how can i fix this and be able to use my usual configuration scenario?