Does Intel Atom/Celeron/Pentium will have a good experience doing basic things?

Math

Jan 5, 2022, 1:09:44 PM1/5/22
to Android-x86
One of these processors will have a good optimization in Android x86 and will have a good experience in basic use like, youtube videos, twitter/reddit/facebook navigation, Google suite tasks, like sheets and docs?

And a 'silly' question: the Android x86 runs the entire system natively in the computer or is an emulator linux-based?

Daniel Cheung

Jan 5, 2022, 8:33:43 PM1/5/22
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I would say pick the fastest process and pair as much memory as possible if you are installing on an older PC. Must also be 64 bits if you want to run the latest Android X86 build. For my use case, I don't use any of the social media or Google suite apps so can't really say how good it is but I don't suspect an issue. Just make sure you turn on the application bridge mode or compatibility mode in Settings before you install stuff from Google Play. Youtube videos are fairly annoying on Android overall, not sure why it never shows 1080p60 videos but Newpipe does but it has other problems. At this point, it's install and try type situation. Finally, Android X86 can be install as native or on a virtual machine (never done it myself).

On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 10:09 AM Math <matheus....@estudante.ifms.edu.br> wrote:
One of these processors will have a good optimization in Android x86 and will have a good experience in basic use like, youtube videos, twitter/reddit/facebook navigation, Google suite tasks, like sheets and docs?

And a 'silly' question: the Android x86 runs the entire system natively in the computer or is an emulator linux-based?

Aidan Macgregor

Jan 5, 2022, 10:13:27 PM1/5/22
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Your biggest performance difference will be using an SSD, Vs using a Hard drive, android is designed for solid state storage and wil run many many times better from am SSD, just like windows would, anything with 4gb ram but 8 would be better, can test with a hard drive and replace with a cheap 64 or 128gb sata SSD later on :)