Galaxy Book 10.6 - WiFi Issues

Nest

Jul 27, 2017, 5:04:26 PM7/27/17
to Android-x86
Hey everyone,

I am unable to get the wifi to work on my android-x86_64-6.0-r3 install but I think this is because the reference is incorrect for the wifi drivers. When I run this under 'debug' I see the following reference:

'Direct firmware load for ath10k/QCA6174/hw3.0/firmware-5.bin failed with error -2'

Should the correct file be firmware-4.bin? And if so, how do I correct this so that it finds the right file?

Thanks!

Chih-Wei Huang

Jul 28, 2017, 3:12:22 AM7/28/17
to Android-x86
I think this message doesn't matter.
The driver should fallback to firmware-4.bin.
Did you see wlan0 by 'ifconfig'?

You may also try other linux distribution
to see what firmware they use.
If it has a workable firmware, copy it to android-x86.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Nesto Lujan

Jul 28, 2017, 10:47:41 AM7/28/17
to Android-x86

Thank you - I transferred the firmware/ath10x files from my Ubuntu installation (where wifi works) to my Android installation but unfortunately this did not solve the problem.  This is what I still see in the Android interface - I can turn wifi on but cannot detect networks:

These are the results when I run 'iconfig' (top section) and 'ifconfig -a' (bottom section) post-boot during debug (accessed by Alt + F1):

This is the pre-boot output while in debug mode (after adding the Linux ath10x drivers) - if I am not mistaken, there seems to be some problems with activating the WiFi card:

One possibility that I have considered is that the computer is recognized as a 'Dell Venue 11 Pro Tablet [VGBI]' and not a 'Samsung Galaxy Book 10.6' and so it is having problems activating the correct peripherals on the motherboard (posted this problem here - did not want to combine the threads to prevent this from becoming too complicated: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-x86/jfrtkb5tzuU ).

Thank you very much for your help and let me know if there is anymore information that I can provide.

Nesto Lujan

Jul 29, 2017, 6:14:23 PM7/29/17
to Android-x86

Tried the Nougat installation today and still had the same problem.  I also added the working Ubuntu firmware to the ath10x folder and this did not fix the problem.  The output for the debug is above.  I noticed that this is a very similar problem to this post (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-x86/IO-OHNRADPY).  Thanks again for your help!

Chanwoo Park

Oct 6, 2017, 11:27:29 PM10/6/17
to Android-x86
Hi Nesto!

I wonder if you fixed the wifi problem.
For the inverted touchscreen issue, it looks like the cm-x86_64-13.0-r1 version solved the problem.

Thank you in advance!
CW

İlker Bishop

Mar 31, 2018, 1:07:32 PM3/31/18
to Android-x86
Are you sure that build fixed inverted touch? I also have galaxy book 10.1(SM-W620) and that build didn't fix inverted touch. Am I doing something wrong?