Android TV settings crash logcat

Geek Till It Hertz

Jun 18, 2016, 5:23:54 PM6/18/16
to Android-x86
I have attached a logcat of the android tv settings app that keeps on crashing, I don't understand much of it so if anyone could help that would be great!!!
this exact app/package works fine on android tv for raspberry pi. Maybe it has't been updated for x86, but then again, fugu is based on intel atom.

any ways what you should be looking for is "com.android.tv.settings", this was executed twice.
atvlogcat19062016.txt

Chih-Wei Huang

Jun 19, 2016, 1:29:25 AM6/19/16
to Android-x86
> I have attached a logcat of the android tv settings app that keeps on
> crashing, I don't understand much of it so if anyone could help that would
> be great!!!

You got a null pointer exception:

06-18 21:09:16.109 1920 1920 E AndroidRuntime: Process:
com.android.tv.settings, PID: 1920
06-18 21:09:16.109 1920 1920 E AndroidRuntime:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity
ComponentInfo{com.android.tv.settings/com.android.tv.settings.MainSettings}:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method
'java.util.List android.media.tv.ITvInputManager.getTvInputList(int)'
on a null object reference

I think you need to define the TvInputList (probably some .xml).

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Geek Till It Hertz

Jun 19, 2016, 2:57:28 AM6/19/16
to Android-x86
my lack of android knowledge fails me on this one, but i managed to track the file in the TV settings app that was calling it. since we don't need tv input setting as of now i just commented that out and return false anyway.
Nifty little hack that i think should work, any way building now, well gt back after three hours
thnx

Geek Till It Hertz

Jun 19, 2016, 6:51:40 AM6/19/16
to Android-x86
heyyy, that worked ;)
thnx a ton

karthik patkar

Oct 10, 2016, 7:23:52 AM10/10/16
to Android-x86
i have built Android Reference APP downloaded from link given below

after pushing APK to Android-x86 System and installing system says "Unfortunately LiveTv App Stoped working .

mail encloses log
l51.txt