problem install 4.4 r1 alongside windows

Ravid Maduni

Sep 13, 2014, 8:30:47 AM9/13/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hey,
Currently, I'm trying to install 4.4 r1 iso.
When I'm entering to the installing prosses, it shows me places to install.
It shows only the flash usb with the android x86, and the sandisk 24 gb SSD, but it doesn't show me the normal C drive.
And when I'm trying to install on the SSD, it gives me a fail if I choose without format it.
So, why the normal C drive doesn't shown to be available to install on?

Thanks in advance

my device is:

Asus S500CA-CJ015H UltraBook

i3 3217U

and sorry that I opened 2 threads about it, the other one was by a mistake*

Majin-Boo

Sep 13, 2014, 8:49:37 AM9/13/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2142563 try this. It will create a folder "Android" on your C drive in windows. You can use this if you don't want to fully install androidx86 directly to the hard drive. If you chose to uninstall it, just go to the folder and click uninstall. Good Luck

Ravid Maduni

Sep 13, 2014, 9:02:08 AM9/13/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I tried it, but my laptop doesn't support it, because the installer doesn't support EFI

בתאריך יום שבת, 13 בספטמבר 2014 15:49:37 UTC+3, מאת Majin-Boo:

Majin-Boo

Sep 13, 2014, 10:21:25 AM9/13/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Ok,this is how I did it on my Dell Inspirion 1525 running Windows 8, I installed http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/minitool_partition_wizard_home_edition.html . With this tool I shrank the windows partition and added a new partition. I formated the new partition to ext2.
Next, I used http://www.pendrivelinux.com/linux-live-usb-creator/ to create a bootable usb installer for androidx86.
Then I restarted the computer changing BIOS to boot from usb. Then I chose install Android. Now this is the tricky part. Be sure you chose the correct partition. Do not format.Add Grub to boot, if you are not already using Grub and allow read and write privaleges. Once finished, reboot and you should have a choice to boot Android or Windows.
this is a rough draft. check forums and use google ..... Good Luck

Ravid Maduni

Sep 13, 2014, 2:49:26 PM9/13/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Ok, when I created a new partition with this program (50.6 gb), and tried to install it, so this partition didn't shown eather. there is another thing that I need to do with this partition?

בתאריך יום שבת, 13 בספטמבר 2014 17:21:25 UTC+3, מאת Majin-Boo:

Majin-Boo

Sep 14, 2014, 6:17:34 AM9/14/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Ok when you used the live usb creator to make an android bootable usb stick, did you chose to install android to device? You may have to refresh or scan for partitions after you click to install. It should show up as [LINUX] sda(something). If you already created a new ext2 formated partition, the ext2 partition should show in the list.