realtek 8812au issues

Michael Register

Dec 10, 2018, 2:25:53 AM12/10/18
to Android-x86
So over this past weekend I tried quite a few versions of androidx86.  Also not sure if it makes a difference but I only booted them from live mode on usb, never installed the os to try it, not sure if that makes a difference or not.  Each one that I tried I ran into some sort of wifi issue and I'm assuming its to do with the drivers for realtek 8812au. on the latest version of x86 8.1-rc2 it would sort of kind of load the 8812au, I say that because it would allow me to turn wifi on and it would pickup all the networks including my 5ghz and it would show a very strong signal.  It would allow me to put the password in to connect to wifi connections and it would save the connections but it would never connect and if I left the wifi screen wifi would then be turned off by itself and I could turn it back on and it would attempt to connect to saved connection and keep doing the same thing.

on 6.0-r3 wifi didnt work at all. couldn't turn wifi on

on various versions of 4.4 and 5.1 wifi would turn on but only scan and pickup 2.4ghz connections.  It would allow me to connect and I had internet access.

So I am trying to figure out the best course of action for me to get it fully working.  So my reason for wanting to use x86 is I play a game Darkness Rises and have been using various emulators and they are well very subpar compared to having an actual os installed as I'm sure you know.  So any help or tips or point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated, just need to be able to play the game off here. oh and I could really use mobile hotspot as I use that on on my pc for another device while I play the game, not sure if its possible.  My pc does have 2 wifi cards, the integrated one which I keep disabled and the 8812au usb adapter which I keep plugged into the cradle as I have it set in optimal spot for connection.

my pc specs are
OS- Windows 10 Home  version 1809  Build. 17763.168
cpu- intel i7-3630qm @ 2.4gh with turbo speed of 3.2ghz
ram- 8gb ddr3
discrete gpu- nvidia geforce 675mx 4gb ddr5 ram
primary hdd- 128gb ssd
secondary hdd-750gb 7200rpm

If there is anymore info needed from me just ask and I will gladly reply with the required info.

Thanks in advanced for any help.

P.S thank you for accepting me into the group.  Look forward to being apart of the community.

Michael Register

Dec 11, 2018, 12:23:13 PM12/11/18
to Android-x86
suggestions anyone?

chalesyu

Dec 11, 2018, 7:03:46 PM12/11/18
to Android-x86
rtl8812au is easy to make it work, just find a newer resource and use it.
but I suggest you should try to make integrated wifi card work.

Michael Register

Dec 11, 2018, 8:29:27 PM12/11/18
to Android-x86
the integrated card is complete and utter shit. this is system i built like 5 or 6 years ago. when ivy bridge was latest and greatest. its the intel n 2230. doesn't even have 5ghz but thats not the real problem. real problem is intel never could get the card working properly it has so many disconnect and various issues its unreal, not to mention it can cause every device on connected network to no longer have internet until its disconnected and it can mess with the routers signal strength. its a very fucked adapter to put it nicely. so def not best to use that. the realtek has worked amazing for me in windows.

you say find a newer resource and use it? How do I do that. I already have found a couple linux drivers on github but im not sure what to do next.  Do I need to compile it? Not 100% sure on how to do that. I've researched for hours and have found some code to input through terminal but everything I've found is incomplete or doesnt look like it works with certain kernels. I would greatly appreciate any info you can give me. I don't mind doing the work just need some insight as my linux exp is pretty laughable and not much coding either besides what I consider pretty basic batch files i've written.

Thanks in advanced for all your help!

chalesyu

Dec 12, 2018, 12:23:15 AM12/12/18
to Android-x86
I know cwhuang has added a newer resource, so just waiting for a new release.

Michael Register

Dec 12, 2018, 3:39:39 AM12/12/18
to Android-x86
how can you tell when they add new drivers? do you know how and if so explain a little or give me link to point in right direction on how to compile driver and add to x86 myself?

Chih-Wei Huang

Dec 12, 2018, 5:57:27 AM12/12/18
to Android-x86
Michael Register <registe...@gmail.com> 於 2018年12月12日 週三 下午4:39寫道:

> how can you tell when they add new drivers? do you know how and if so explain a little or give me link to point in right direction on how to compile driver and add to x86 myself?

You may test this iso.
It has an updated rtl8812au driver.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1guB1kaVTcgTpAManZL97nyif-_QfePJO/view?usp=sharing

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Michael Register

Dec 12, 2018, 9:27:05 AM12/12/18
to Android-x86
Awesome! I am  downloading it now.  I will update shortly with how it works.  I still want to learn how to update the drivers myself though.

Michael Register

Dec 12, 2018, 12:49:33 PM12/12/18
to Android-x86
So the 5g works in live boot mode but if i install to my ssd it wont even find 5g just 2.4

Yu Zhao

Dec 13, 2018, 1:31:09 AM12/13/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I also tried this iso , it's not support rtl8821au.
Maybe lwfinger's source is better, he said his driver support rtl8811au, rtl8812au, rtl8821au.

by the way, realtek SD card reader is not work on this iso.I think I forget to tell you the CONFIG_MISC_RTSX_USB also need CONFIG_MMC_REALTEK_USB and CONFIG_MEMSTICK_REALTEK_USB.

Michael Register

Dec 13, 2018, 4:41:51 AM12/13/18
to Android-x86
So how exactly would I put this module into x86 and take out if need be the current module for 8812au.  I know I need linux but which destro/version? sorry linux noob but really want to learn.  I looked over the lwfinger github for about 30min examining parts of the code. most of it is gibberish to me but would really like to learn how to utilize this kind of info if you could perhaps point me in right direction.  thank you for all your help guys!!

youling 257

Dec 13, 2018, 6:13:25 AM12/13/18
to Android-x86
version: v5.2.6.2_23547.20170814_COEX20170206-6760
vermagic:       4.20.0-rc6-android-x86_64+
vermagic must keep same with your system/lib/modules/xxxx,myself /system/lib/modules/4.20.0-rc6-android-x86_64+

modinfo ./8812au.ko
filename: ./8812au.ko
version: v5.2.6.2_23547.20170814_COEX20170206-6760
author: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
license: GPL
srcversion: 742A58F9D5EFD0CC5D1F2BA
alias: usb:v20F4p804Bd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias: usb:v056Ep400Fd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias: usb:v056Ep400Ed*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias: usb:v0E66p0023d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias: usb:v2001p3318d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias: usb:v2001p3314d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias: usb:v04BBp0953d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias: usb:v7392pA811d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias: usb:v0BDAp0823d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFiscFFipFFin*
alias: usb:v0BDAp0820d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFiscFFipFFin*
alias: usb:v0BDApA811d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias: usb:v0BDAp8822d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias: usb:v0BDAp0821d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias: usb:v0BDAp0811d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
depends: cfg80211
name: 8812au
vermagic: 4.20.0-rc6-android-x86_64+ SMP preempt mod_unload modversions

在 2018年12月13日星期四 UTC+8下午5:41:51,Michael Register写道:

Yu Zhao

Dec 13, 2018, 6:16:05 AM12/13/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
First, you should install linux ,for example Ubuntu. then open terminal.

sudo apt update
sudo apt install gcc git make
sudo apt install linux-headers-$(uname -r)
cd ~/
cd rtl8812au
make
sudo modprobe cfg80211
sudo insmod 8812au.ko

Now, you can test if your rtl8812au work correctly . If this driver is working current in Ubuntu , it can also work in Android x86 without problem.

youling 257

Dec 13, 2018, 6:21:19 AM12/13/18
to Android-x86
mkdir 1
cd 1
git init
git fetch https://github.com/youling257/android-4.9 experimental/eas-dev-4.20
git checkout FETCH_HEAD
make android-x86_64_defconfig -C . O=../64
cd ../64
time make targz-pkg -i -j8
(my defconfig not push to github)
cd ..
mkdir 2
cd 2
git init
git checkout FETCH_HEAD
make KSRC=../64 -j8

在 2018年12月13日星期四 UTC+8下午7:13:25,youling 257写道:
127.0.0.1_20181213190910.txt
Screenshot_20181213-190347.png
Screenshot_20181213-190459.png
Screenshot_20181213-191943.png
Screenshot_20181213-191948.png

youling 257

Dec 13, 2018, 6:26:07 AM12/13/18
to Android-x86
tar-install/lib/modules/4.20.0-rc6-android-x86_64+ put them to Androidx86 /system/lib/modules
tar-install/boot/vmlinuz-4.20.0-rc6-android-x86_64+ rename kernel, replace with Androidx86 kernel.
8812au.ko put it to /system/lib/modules/4.20.0-rc6-android-x86_64+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless
open Android terminal
su
depmod -a
reboot

在 2018年12月13日星期四 UTC+8下午5:41:51,Michael Register写道:
So how exactly would I put this module into x86 and take out if need be the current module for 8812au.  I know I need linux but which destro/version? sorry linux noob but really want to learn.  I looked over the lwfinger github for about 30min examining parts of the code. most of it is gibberish to me but would really like to learn how to utilize this kind of info if you could perhaps point me in right direction.  thank you for all your help guys!!

Yu Zhao

Dec 13, 2018, 6:37:53 AM12/13/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
wait , you're using rtl8812au, not rtl8821au. so you should go to rtl8812au folder, edit Makefile

CONFIG_RTL8812A = n
CONFIG_RTL8821A = y
CONFIG_RTL8812A = y
CONFIG_RTL8821A = n

by the way , if I edit to this
CONFIG_RTL8812A = y
CONFIG_RTL8821A = y
my rtl8821au can't work

Yu Zhao

Dec 13, 2018, 8:00:53 PM12/13/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
In other words,when you use command
make
it is means this for default
make CONFIG_RTL8812A=n CONFIG_RTL8821A=y
output driver name is 8812au.ko ,  support RTL8821AU. I have tested it.   it should also support RTL8811AU,I don't have device to test.

when you use command
make CONFIG_RTL8812A=y CONFIG_RTL8821A=n
output driver name is 8812au.ko , it doesn't support RTL8821AU , should only support RTL8812AU.
So , this is my test result.

Michael Register

Dec 13, 2018, 10:11:32 PM12/13/18
to Android-x86
Want to thank everyone for all the time and help you have given me.  I have downloaded ubuntu. trying to use it in portable virtualbox as I only have 1 machine right now that is already running dual boot win 10 and x86. once get ubuntu running in port box will run the commands and hopefully have a working driver. then i will start playing with terminal in ubuntu even more and try to learn some on my own.  Thank everyone so much

Chih-Wei Huang

Dec 14, 2018, 3:14:47 AM12/14/18
to Android-x86
Yu Zhao <zhaoyu5...@gmail.com> 於 2018年12月13日 週四 下午2:31寫道:

> I also tried this iso , it's not support rtl8821au.
> Maybe lwfinger's source is better, he said his driver support rtl8811au, rtl8812au, rtl8821au.
> https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8812au/pull/16
> https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8812au/tree/v5.2.6

OK. Please try the iso which includes
lwfinger's v5.2.6 driver.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E7wHchN5QTeOeta5lXFkCfOfMkp_Dx97/view?usp=sharing

> by the way, realtek SD card reader is not work on this iso.I think I forget to tell you the CONFIG_MISC_RTSX_USB also need CONFIG_MMC_REALTEK_USB and CONFIG_MEMSTICK_REALTEK_USB.

OK. The iso has added that.

Yu Zhao

Dec 14, 2018, 4:57:29 AM12/14/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
thank you, I tried this iso ,both wifi and SD card reader are all worked.

but I think this iso is only support rtl8821au and rtl8811au , not support rtl8812au .

Michael Register

Dec 14, 2018, 5:47:44 AM12/14/18
to Android-x86
Hey, the driver included in this iso does not work with 8812au.  The wifi does not find 5ghz networks.  It can find and connect to 2.4ghz but never finds any 5ghz.

Chih-Wei Huang

Dec 14, 2018, 5:52:53 AM12/14/18
to Android-x86
Didn't you say lwfinger's driver supports all of them?

Yu Zhao <zhaoyu5...@gmail.com> 於 2018年12月14日週五 下午5:57寫道:

Yu Zhao

Dec 14, 2018, 6:46:57 AM12/14/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
yes, but for rtl8812au, should use this command on linux

make CONFIG_RTL8812A=y CONFIG_RTL8821A=n

and output file is 8812au.ko , it's only support RTL8812AU.

but for default make command, output file is also 8812au.ko, but this file support RTL8821AU but not support RTL8812AU. So ,I think you should rename it to 8821au.ko

2018年12月14日星期五,Chih-Wei Huang <cwh...@android-x86.org> 写道:
Didn't you say lwfinger's driver supports all of them?
Yu Zhao <zhaoyu5...@gmail.com> 於 2018年12月14日週五 下午5:57寫道:
thank you, I tried this iso ,both wifi and SD card reader are all worked.

but I think this iso is only support rtl8821au and rtl8811au , not support rtl8812au .

2018年12月14日星期五,Chih-Wei Huang <cwh...@android-x86.org> 写道:
Yu Zhao <zhaoyu5...@gmail.com> 於 2018年12月13日 週四 下午2:31寫道:

> I also tried this iso , it's not support rtl8821au.
> Maybe lwfinger's source is better, he said his driver support rtl8811au, rtl8812au, rtl8821au.
> https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8812au/pull/16
> https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8812au/tree/v5.2.6

OK. Please try the iso which includes
lwfinger's v5.2.6 driver.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E7wHchN5QTeOeta5lXFkCfOfMkp_Dx97/view?usp=sharing

> by the way, realtek SD card reader is not work on this iso.I think I forget to tell you the CONFIG_MISC_RTSX_USB also need CONFIG_MMC_REALTEK_USB and CONFIG_MEMSTICK_REALTEK_USB.

OK. The iso has added that.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org

Yu Zhao

Dec 14, 2018, 7:02:52 AM12/14/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
about your 5ghz networks issue, that is depend on your country code. country code is flashed into your wireless adapter, it tell this driver enable which 5ghz channel. So maybe your router set the AP with the wrong channel.

Michael Register

Dec 14, 2018, 7:54:31 AM12/14/18
to Android-x86
I'm 100% sure that is not the issue.  I use this same adapter and 5g network on windows 10 no issues. and again as I have stated in previous post 1 or 2 of the x86 android versions had perfectly working 5g in live mode but 5g didnt work on install.

2018年12月14日星期五,Michael Register <registe...@gmail.com> 写道:

On Friday, December 14, 2018 at 3:14:47 AM UTC-5, Chih-Wei Huang wrote:
Yu Zhao <zhaoyu5...@gmail.com> 於 2018年12月13日 週四 下午2:31寫道:

> I also tried this iso , it's not support rtl8821au.
> Maybe lwfinger's source is better, he said his driver support rtl8811au, rtl8812au, rtl8821au.
> https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8812au/pull/16
> https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8812au/tree/v5.2.6

OK. Please try the iso which includes
lwfinger's v5.2.6 driver.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E7wHchN5QTeOeta5lXFkCfOfMkp_Dx97/view?usp=sharing

> by the way, realtek SD card reader is not work on this iso.I think I forget to tell you the CONFIG_MISC_RTSX_USB also need CONFIG_MMC_REALTEK_USB and CONFIG_MEMSTICK_REALTEK_USB.

OK. The iso has added that.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org

Michael Register

Dec 14, 2018, 7:59:03 AM12/14/18
to Android-x86
Thank you for this.  I live booted latest version of ubuntu and followed these steps and I was able to make a driver and get the 8812au half way working.  So 1 or 2 of the lines of code you put didnt exactly work for me but I still got the driver made.  Also once the driver was made and I went into the wifi settings I had 3 different wifi adapters. the integrated and 2 of the 8812au.  I was able to find the 5g but not connect.  I could successfully connect to the 2.4 though.  Maybe the issue I had with it creating 2 8812au adapters is the same reason why so many of the android versions have the same issue.  Will find 5g but not connect but will connect to 2.4g just fine. Thoughts???

Yu Zhao

Dec 14, 2018, 8:39:30 AM12/14/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
there are a lot of reason why your adapter only have 5ghz issue. you can try other sources you found.
In a word, you should try fix it by yourself.

2018年12月14日星期五,Michael Register <registe...@gmail.com> 写道:

Michael Register

Dec 14, 2018, 10:35:51 AM12/14/18
to Android-x86
yes, i have been asking how to go about fixing it myself, now that you helped show me how to begin making drivers i will be troubleshooting til i fix it

Yu Zhao

Dec 15, 2018, 7:18:09 PM12/15/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
In other words, for lwfinger's driver source, you need to make it twice. and get two driver files (8812au.ko and 8821au.ko). these two files can support all of them.

this is command in linux:

cd ~/
cd rtl8812au
make
mv 8812au.ko 8821au.ko
make CONFIG_RTL8812A=y CONFIG_RTL8821A=n
#Now we get two driver files in this dictionary(8812au.ko and 8821au.ko)

Yu Zhao

Dec 15, 2018, 9:21:49 PM12/15/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Oh , sorry , it's directory ,not dictionary.

Chih-Wei Huang

Dec 17, 2018, 10:15:58 PM12/17/18
to Android-x86
Yu Zhao <zhaoyu5...@gmail.com> 於 2018年12月16日 週日 上午8:18寫道:
> In other words, for lwfinger's driver source, you need to make it twice. and get two driver files (8812au.ko and 8821au.ko). these two files can support all of them.
>
> this is command in linux:
>
> cd ~/
> git clone https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8812au.git -b v5.2.6
> cd rtl8812au
> make
> mv 8812au.ko 8821au.ko
> make CONFIG_RTL8812A=y CONFIG_RTL8821A=n
> #Now we get two driver files in this dictionary(8812au.ko and 8821au.ko)

This sounds very unreasonable.
Giving the two drivers are so similar with
so many duplicate parts, it should detect
the chip type at runtime instead of forcing
us to build two drivers.

Could you try this iso which is built with
CONFIG_RTL8812A=y CONFIG_RTL8821A=y

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Za3ZJ8_ncv5AHv3W8LloT_YqV9zXKDF/view?usp=sharing

Yu Zhao

Dec 17, 2018, 11:39:47 PM12/17/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I tried this iso, unfortunately, this iso not working on rtl8821au. I can only turn on wifi but can't scan any AP.

by the way, I have been send a pull request on osdn, please check it .

dmesg_grep_RTW.txt

Chih-Wei Huang

Dec 18, 2018, 2:18:29 AM12/18/18
to Android-x86
Yu Zhao <zhaoyu5...@gmail.com> 於 2018年12月18日 週二 下午12:39寫道:

> I tried this iso, unfortunately, this iso not working on rtl8821au. I can only turn on wifi but can't scan any AP.

OK... Then I'll keep using the previous one.

> by the way, I have been send a pull request on osdn, please check it .
> https://osdn.net/projects/android-x86/ticket/38808

Thank you.
But I've just pushed the code I used in the 1214 iso.
You may check what else is needed.

Yu Zhao

Dec 18, 2018, 4:30:43 AM12/18/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
OK , updated . please check.
https://osdn.net/projects/android-x86/ticket/38809

在 2018年12月18日星期二,Chih-Wei Huang <cwh...@android-x86.org> 写道:

youling 257

Dec 18, 2018, 5:12:05 AM12/18/18
to Android-x86
I find people test rtl8723bu v4.4.5, no problem on Androidx86, why you need rtw_android.c ? and CONFIG_PLATFORM_ANDROID_X86 = y ?
we use CONFIG_PLATFORM_I386_PC = y
http://bbs.phoenixstudio.org/cn/read.php?tid=26143&fid=12&page=e#a

在 2018年12月18日星期二 UTC+8下午3:18:29,Chih-Wei Huang写道:
Screenshot_20181218-180828.png

Chih-Wei Huang

Dec 18, 2018, 5:34:59 AM12/18/18
to Android-x86
Yu Zhao <zhaoyu5...@gmail.com> 於 2018年12月18日 週二 下午5:30寫道:

> OK , updated . please check.
> https://osdn.net/projects/android-x86/ticket/38809

Thanks!
But the additional $(MAKE) is not executed. Isn't it?
Actually both $(MAKE) are not executed.
That's because KERNELRELEASE is not null:

ifneq ($(KERNELRELEASE),)
(only this part is executed)
else
(this part is not executed)
endif

Chih-Wei Huang

Dec 18, 2018, 5:39:02 AM12/18/18
to Android-x86
youling 257 <youli...@gmail.com> 於 2018年12月18日 週二 下午6:12寫道:

> I find people test rtl8723bu v4.4.5, no problem on Androidx86, why you need rtw_android.c ? and CONFIG_PLATFORM_ANDROID_X86 = y ?

Because this is a driver of android-x86.

So what's the problem with it?

Yu Zhao

Dec 18, 2018, 6:17:05 AM12/18/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I'm only test it in linux (with linux-header installed), and just use make commend once, it can output two driver files.
But I don't know How to compile Android-x86 , or you have a better way to do this?

在 2018年12月18日星期二,Chih-Wei Huang <cwh...@android-x86.org> 写道:

Yu Zhao

Dec 18, 2018, 7:59:20 AM12/18/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
OK , I think I know your means.
but before make reading Makefile , $(KERNELRELEASE) is null, so make will reading    all: modules   ,so these two $(MAKE) will all executed , this is what I think, but not experiment in compile Android-x86 yet.

在 2018年12月18日星期二,Chih-Wei Huang <cwh...@android-x86.org> 写道:

Chih-Wei Huang

Dec 18, 2018, 10:53:19 PM12/18/18
to Android-x86
Yu Zhao <zhaoyu5...@gmail.com> 於 2018年12月18日 週二 下午8:59寫道:

> OK , I think I know your means.
> but before make reading Makefile , $(KERNELRELEASE) is null, so make will reading all: modules ,so these two $(MAKE) will all executed , this is what I think, but not experiment in compile Android-x86 yet.

The external modules are built by the kbuild system.
See: https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/kbuild/modules.txt

KERNELRELEASE is set by kbuild.
It's usually the same as `uname -r`.

Yu Zhao

Dec 19, 2018, 1:18:35 AM12/19/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
OK , please check again.
I removed   'ifneq  $(KERNELRELEASE) ...  else ... endif'
and add missing file for 8812au.

Chih-Wei Huang

Dec 19, 2018, 2:51:22 AM12/19/18
to Android-x86
Yu Zhao <zhaoyu5...@gmail.com> 於 2018年12月19日 週三 下午2:18寫道:

> OK , please check again.
> I removed 'ifneq $(KERNELRELEASE) ... else ... endif'
> and add missing file for 8812au.

Thanks.
I tested but it doesn't build two modules, either.
(only 8821au.ko is built)

I think the problem is kbuild won't use the rule you added.

Yu Zhao

Dec 19, 2018, 3:45:32 AM12/19/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Oh...   I have no idea about that.

But at least it can use two folder to compile driver files.
external-kernel-drivers/rtl8812au
external-kernel-drivers/rtl8821au

在 2018年12月19日星期三,Chih-Wei Huang <cwh...@android-x86.org> 写道:

Michael Register

Dec 19, 2018, 8:44:13 PM12/19/18
to Android-x86
Hey, everyone. any luck on getting the 8812au to work yet? ive read all the new posts everyday and doesnt seem like have fixed it yet???  I've tried myself but either only 8821 works or the 8812au wont work with 5g once installed to hdd but will work in live boot.

Chih-Wei Huang

Dec 20, 2018, 2:37:36 AM12/20/18
to Android-x86
Yu Zhao <zhaoyu5...@gmail.com> 於 2018年12月19日 週三 下午4:45寫道:

> Oh... I have no idea about that.
>
> But at least it can use two folder to compile driver files.
> external-kernel-drivers/rtl8812au
> external-kernel-drivers/rtl8821au

But that's very ugly. I don't like that.

I read its code. I think I probably know
why RTL8812A and RTL8821A can't coexist.
Basically it should use runtime type detection
instead of build-time checking.
I made the change. Hope it works.

Please try this iso:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FS9Nqv5_UYP8go_WXVVHd7E_thifnJt_/view?usp=sharing

Yu Zhao

Dec 20, 2018, 4:15:18 AM12/20/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I tested iso , Yes, my rtl8821au can work without problem. just need waiting for rtl8812au test result.

by the way, can you add my touchscreen firmware into /lib/firmware/silead ? I have uploaded it at here.

youling 257

Dec 20, 2018, 4:25:02 AM12/20/18
to Android-x86
alias usb:v0BDAp0811d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8821au
alias usb:v0BDAp0821d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8821au
alias usb:v0BDAp8822d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8821au
alias usb:v0BDApA811d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8821au
alias usb:v0BDAp0820d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFiscFFipFFin* 8821au
alias usb:v0BDAp0823d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFiscFFipFFin* 8821au
alias usb:v7392pA811d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8821au
alias usb:v04BBp0953d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8821au
alias usb:v2001p3314d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8821au
alias usb:v2001p3318d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8821au
alias usb:v0E66p0023d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8821au
alias usb:v056Ep400Ed*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8821au
alias usb:v056Ep400Fd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8821au
alias usb:v20F4p804Bd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8821au
alias usb:v0BDAp8812d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v0BDAp881Ad*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v0BDAp881Bd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v0BDAp881Cd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v050Dp1106d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v2001p330Ed*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v7392pA822d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v0DF6p0074d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v04BBp0952d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v0789p016Ed*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v0409p0408d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v0B05p17D2d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v0E66p0022d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v0586p3426d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v2001p3313d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v1058p0632d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v1740p0100d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v2019pAB30d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v07B8p8812d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v2001p3315d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v2001p3316d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au

usb_intf.c
ifdef CONFIG_RTL8821A
ifdef CONFIG_RTL8812A

both work should be

alias usb:v0BDAp0811d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v0BDAp0821d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v0BDAp8822d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v0BDApA811d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v0BDAp0820d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFiscFFipFFin* 8812au
alias usb:v0BDAp0823d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFiscFFipFFin* 8812au
alias usb:v7392pA811d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v04BBp0953d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v2001p3314d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v2001p3318d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v0E66p0023d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v056Ep400Ed*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v056Ep400Fd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
alias usb:v20F4p804Bd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* 8812au
[...]

在 2018年12月20日星期四 UTC+8下午3:37:36,Chih-Wei Huang写道:

youling 257

Dec 20, 2018, 4:33:48 AM12/20/18
to Android-x86
sorry, I think you only set  CONFIG_RTL8812A=y, in fact, you set them both y.

  33 CONFIG_RTL8812A = y
  34 CONFIG_RTL8821A = y

在 2018年12月20日星期四 UTC+8下午5:25:02,youling 257写道:

Michael Register

Dec 20, 2018, 8:47:52 PM12/20/18
to Android-x86
I tested the iso 1220 today in live boot mode and everything seemed to work good so I installed to harddrive and had a couple issues.  First off for the first time with it installed to ssd the 5ghz actually connected and worked just had a couple issues though once it was connected.  I have attached a few screenshots so you can see what im talking about.  So when i ran the ifconfig wlan0 cmd on both the 2.4 and 5ghz channels and took a pic  just so you could see.  Not sure if it matters much.  So it says its still running the 8821 driver so im assuming thats why its still have a few issues. so the 5ghz does connect and inside the wifi settings it shows good connection but if you click on the 5ghz connection while its connected it says connection poor and it shouldnt be.  In windows it gets a very strong connection.  I'm not sure if its due to it running the 8821 driver or maybe the driver isnt using the 2 external antennas properly.  Also if you look at the pic you will see how inside wifi setting it shows 3 of 4 bars but on the notification bar it shows no bars and reflects the poor coverate it states in advanced wifi. I also ran quite a few speed tests with 2.4 and 5ghz channels.  In windows I'm getting anywhere from 40-70mbps download and 1.5-3.0mbps upload.  In this 1220 iso I am only getting 5-20mbps down with avg of 10 and avg of 0.5mbps upload speed.  I ran the test with the google speedtest and speedtest.net getting similar results with both.

If there is anything I an do to assist or anymore info you require please let me know.

Thanks

Chih-Wei Huang

Dec 20, 2018, 9:30:42 PM12/20/18
to Android-x86
Michael Register <registe...@gmail.com> 於 2018年12月21日 週五 上午9:47寫道:

> I tested the iso 1220 today in live boot mode and everything seemed to work good so I installed to harddrive and had a couple issues. First off for the first time with it installed to ssd the 5ghz actually connected and worked just had a couple issues though once it was connected. I have attached a few screenshots so you can see what im talking about. So when i ran the ifconfig wlan0 cmd on both the 2.4 and 5ghz channels and took a pic just so you could see. Not sure if it matters much. So it says its still running the 8821 driver so im assuming thats why its still have a few issues. so the 5ghz does connect and inside the wifi settings it shows good connection but if you click on the 5ghz connection while its connected it says connection poor and it shouldnt be. In windows it gets a very strong connection. I'm not sure if its due to it running the 8821 driver or maybe the driver isnt using the 2 external antennas properly. Also if you look at the pic you will see how inside wifi setting it shows 3 of 4 bars but on the notification bar it shows no bars and reflects the poor coverate it states in advanced wifi. I also ran quite a few speed tests with 2.4 and 5ghz channels. In windows I'm getting anywhere from 40-70mbps download and 1.5-3.0mbps upload. In this 1220 iso I am only getting 5-20mbps down with avg of 10 and avg of 0.5mbps upload speed. I ran the test with the google speedtest and speedtest.net getting similar results with both.

Good to know it works.

For the driver issue itself, please report to the driver maintainer.
I'm not the wifi expert. I just helped to integrate the driver
into our image.

Mike

Dec 21, 2018, 3:20:29 AM12/21/18
to Android-x86
so when you check which driver is loaded when using the 8812au its supposed to show 8821??

Michael Register

Dec 22, 2018, 1:24:51 AM12/22/18
to Android-x86
anyone? i would think that would be why its having issues. its loading wrong drivers

Chih-Wei Huang

Dec 22, 2018, 4:48:06 AM12/22/18
to Android-x86
Michael Register <registe...@gmail.com> 於 2018年12月22日 週六 下午2:24寫道:

> anyone? i would think that would be why its having issues. its loading wrong drivers

Don't understand what you said.
Where did you see the wrong driver?

Then how about remove the wrong driver
and load the correct driver manually?

Mike

Dec 22, 2018, 4:58:09 AM12/22/18
to Android-x86
In terminal I inputted ifconfig wlan0 and it showed loaded driver has 8821.

How do I manually load it?
20181220_163225.jpg

Chih-Wei Huang

Dec 22, 2018, 5:14:24 AM12/22/18
to Android-x86
Mike <registe...@gmail.com> 於 2018年12月22日 週六 下午5:58寫道:

> In terminal I inputted ifconfig wlan0 and it showed loaded driver has 8821.

I checked the code. That's the name used in the driver.
So it's the correct driver.
If you dislike it, you can modify DRV_NAME
in include/autoconf.h and rebuild the driver yourself.

Mike

Dec 23, 2018, 9:50:51 PM12/23/18
to Android-x86
Hey, idk if i was really high that day but i never did install to hdd. i went to use that pc today and it has never been installed to hd. So i ran in live mode just to test again and same results. I installed to hdd and it will not find 5ghz networks.  This is the 3rd version of x86 I have found that does this.  I have never found a version where it works after installed to hdd only when in live boot mode from usb.  so seems maybe more of an issue with x86 than driver?

youling 257

Dec 23, 2018, 11:44:04 PM12/23/18
to Android-x86
In my opinion, you just ask others to solve your problems unconditionally.
You don't have any abilities or ideas to find the root cause of the problem by yourself.
Control the same conditions and verify the problem repeatedly.
Did you learn how to compile the driver to run on Androidx86? If it's hard for you
Why don't you pay someone else to solve the problem?

在 2018年12月24日星期一 UTC+8上午10:50:51,Mike写道:

Mike

Dec 24, 2018, 12:22:15 AM12/24/18
to Android-x86
Okay first off you're a dick. I haven't come up here and been rude or mean to anyone but you sir are a certified dick. And I havent asked but about 1 issue. And I thought this was a place to get help. And yes I have tried compiling my own driver in ubuntu and several times and have yet to get it to work right. Hence why I've come here to ask the experts. And I assume anyone with the 8812au is going to have same issues as me. But now it doesnt even seem like a driver issue to me because it works in his 1220 iso in live boot mode but not after installed to it's own partition on ssd. And there I are 2 or 3 other official versions of x86 that do the same thing. And sorry I'm not that versed in linux and x86 I am a noob. But thanks to x86 i have spent countless hours in linux which i now run on 1 of my systems as main OS. Next time don't be a dick

youling 257

Dec 24, 2018, 3:30:15 AM12/24/18
to Android-x86
I've told you to do this.
[...]

build Ubuntu 8812au.ko install to Ubuntu lib/modules/xxxxx/kernel/drivers/net/wireless
build Androidx86 8812au.ko install to Androidx86 /system/lib/modules/xxxxx/kernel/driver/net/wireless
is hard for you ?

在 2018年12月24日星期一 UTC+8下午1:22:15,Mike写道: