can't uefi-boot android-x86 oreo on ASUS BM6 desktop

Shih Ping-Ke

Aug 6, 2018, 10:37:45 PM8/6/18
to Android-x86
Hi all,

When I try android-x86-8.1-rc1.iso, everything is fine.
There are "UEFI" and "Legacy" options in BIOS's boot menu, and I choose "UEFI" to enter Android.
When I try the iso built by myself, there is only "Legacy" in boot menu, and choose the option causes my desktop (ASUS BM6) reboot immediately.

I use isoinfo to compare the two iso files, but it looks very similar.

$ isoinfo -p -i android-x86-8.1-rc1.iso
Path table starts at block 21, size 130
   1:    1 1d
   2:    1 1e .disk
   3:    1 1f boot
   4:    1 28 efi
   5:    1 27 isolinux
   6:    3 20 grub
   7:    4 29 boot
   8:    6 26 fonts
   9:    6 21 theme
  10:    9 24 icons

$ isoinfo -p -i out/target/product/x86/android_x86.iso
Path table starts at block 21, size 130
   1:    1 1d
   2:    1 20 .disk
   3:    1 21 boot
   4:    1 1e efi
   5:    1 29 isolinux
   6:    3 22 grub
   7:    4 1f boot
   8:    6 23 fonts
   9:    6 24 theme
  10:    9 27 icons

Is there a way to diagnose this problem?
Thank you.

Chih-Wei Huang

Aug 7, 2018, 10:50:29 PM8/7/18
to Android-x86
Have you installed isohybrid in your PATH?
If not, you should see such a warning on building:

isohybrid not found.
Install syslinux 4.0 or higher if you want to build a usb bootable iso.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Shih Ping-Ke

Aug 8, 2018, 12:35:57 AM8/8/18
to Android-x86
Yes, I installed isohybrid and its version is 0.12

I check my build message again, there is no warning about isohybrid.

Thank you!

Chih-Wei Huang於 2018年8月8日星期三 UTC+8上午10時50分29秒寫道:

Shih Ping-Ke

Aug 20, 2018, 9:29:42 PM8/20/18
to Android-x86
After many tests, I found the problem is caused by isohybrid of ubuntun 12.04.
Though isohybrid's version is also 0.12 in ubuntu 14.04, it works well.
Finally, I copy isohybrid from ubuntu 14.04 to 12.04, and then everything looks good.

Shih Ping-Ke於 2018年8月8日星期三 UTC+8下午12時35分57秒寫道: