android 4.4-r1 and grub2 problem

Lluís Forns Puigmartí

Aug 19, 2014, 8:39:21 AM8/19/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I have a computer with windows and linux installed. I created and extendend partition (/dev/sd7) and installed android there (skipping grub option).

After this I edited my /etc/grub.d/40_custom to add android manually but it don't work. It gets stuck searching for android forever writing dots. The grub entry is this:

menuentry "Android-x86" {
set root='(hd0,7)'
linux /android-4.4-r1/kernel root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.hardware=android_x86 video=-16       nomodeset vga=788 SRC=/android-4.4-r1
initrd /android-4.4-r1/initrd.img
}

After some tries I incompressed the android ISO to /android on my linux partition (ext4) and added this entry to grub2:

menuentry "Android-x86 Live" {
set root='(hd0,6)'
linux /android/kernel root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.hardware=android_x86 video=-16 quiet SRC=android DATA=
initrd /android/initrd.img
}

And this one is working. Any idea of why first one isn't?

thanks

Krister Hallergard

Aug 20, 2014, 3:36:27 AM8/20/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Think that "root=/dev/ram0" is wrong! Am not too familiar with uefi systems, but maybe "root=/dev/sdb7"? Or "root=UUID=whatever_the_partition_uuid_is".

Krister Hallergard

Aug 20, 2014, 3:37:48 AM8/20/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, mend sda7!

rbg

Aug 20, 2014, 10:30:26 AM8/20/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
this is working fine for me...change your drive accordingly...

menuentry "Android 4.4-r1" – class android – class linux – class os {
set root=(hd0,4)
linux /android-4.4-r1/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.hardware=android_x86 SRC=/android-4.4-r1 DATA= video=-16
initrd /android-4.4-r1/initrd.img

Lluís Forns

Aug 20, 2014, 10:50:35 PM8/20/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I will check at home. I installed the iso using multisystem and created the grub2 entry mixing some web information and the one created in my USB drive.

Thanks

Sorry, mend sda7!

*Ser freak no és imprescindible per ser informàtic, però ajuda.
*La vida no ha de ser feliç, ha de ser plena.
*Abans d'imprimir aquest missatge, pensa en el medi ambient.

rbg

Aug 21, 2014, 1:56:46 AM8/21/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
should have qualified...

am running windows 8.1 / Ubuntu 14.04 / Android-x86 4.4-r1

all on a single MBR disk on an HP-G60T laptop

Lluís Forns

Aug 24, 2014, 10:10:22 PM8/24/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
It didn't worked for me; may it be any problem with extended (>4) partitions?

rbg

Aug 24, 2014, 11:43:48 PM8/24/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
could be don't know.....my disk from gparted attached....
Workspace 1_001.png