kernel 3.19 rc2

pstglia

Jan 4, 2015, 8:55:11 PM1/4/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

I've rebased android-3.18 branch and 3.19-rc2 for testing purposes (cheatman told about some changes pushed to 3.19 that could help T100/Baytrail)

I think we don't have to jump 3.19 right now, but we could get some useful commits from there and apply on 3.18 when possible (like the one he pointed, if it really works)

If anyone is interested...

Regards,
pstglia

Carbon Jiao

Jan 4, 2015, 9:26:52 PM1/4/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your hard work!
Could you help to give some advices on: only compile this kernel without compile full android system?
Such as Kitkat r2?
Thanks a lot!

pstglia

Jan 5, 2015, 7:19:17 PM1/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for your hard work!
Could you help to give some advices on: only compile this kernel without compile full android system?
Such as Kitkat r2?
Thanks a lot!

Hi, Android-x86 has all the info you need to do so (http://www.android-x86.org/documents/customizekernel

Basically, with your environment set up (http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html), you execute  "make -j5 kernel TARGET_PRODUCT=android_x86" under android src tree to build a 32 bits kernel

Read these tutorials carefully and search some info on this group. This way, you can do that

Carbon Jiao

Jan 5, 2015, 9:49:50 PM1/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your directions.
While I already compiled the kernel, output kernel and .ko files, while when I unpack the system.img of android-x86 kitkat images, and replaced the corresponding files,
then repack the system.img, system.sfs, reboot, shows unsecure file "/lib/modules/*/modules.alias"... and cannot boot...

The official android x86 image cannot boot, and loop as
"i2c_hid i2c-FTSC1000:00: failed to change power setting."