Galaxy Book recognized as 'Dell Venue 11 Pro Tablet [VGBI]'

Nesto Lujan

Jul 27, 2017, 7:50:20 PM7/27/17
to Android-x86
I installed android-x86_64-6.0-r3 on my Samsung Galaxy Book 10.6 and noticed that I ran Android under debug that my system was viewed as a 'Dell Venue 11 Pro Tablet [VGBI]'.  This was the output:

Running MirBSD Korn Shell...
(debug-found)@android:/android # [ 2.407501] clocksource: Switched to clocksource tsc
soc_button_array INT33D2:00: no GPIO attached, ignoring
input: Dell Venue 11 Pro Tablet as /devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/device:18/PNP0A08:00/device:18/PNP0c09:00/INT33D6:00/input/input3
dell venue 11 pro tablet INT33D6:00: Dell Venue 11 Pro Tablet [VGBI]

Not sure if this is correct but thought I should post this as I am having other problems with Android X86 (shared in a separate post - locked in vertical mode, unable to get passed language screen and no wifi).

Thanks!

Nesto Lujan

Jul 29, 2017, 6:08:02 PM7/29/17
to Android-x86
This is no longer a problem in the Nougat release (just tested the install today), and Android recognized the 'Intel Virtual Button Driver'.

There still is a problem though - when in the Android interface, the touch is flipped along the vertical axis so that touches to the top of the screen affect the bottom of the screen (and vice versa).  Not sure how to fix this (seems that either the interface needs to be flipped or the touch axis needs to be flipped).