Re: remove DEFAULT apps from .iso

Message has been deleted

Povilas Staniulis

Jan 20, 2016, 1:06:20 PM1/20/16
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Gapps are added separately from the main build and are not a part of the build process.
So just build from source and you will get an image without gapps.

On 2016.01.20 20:01, Vel Asta wrote:
Hey folks,

The .iso images come with many pre-installed apps like Youtube, Gmail etc. How can I build an image without them? For some reason I can't delete those Apps when I'm in the Android x86 VM so I guess I have to re-build the image without them :)

Message has been deleted

Povilas Staniulis

Jan 20, 2016, 1:38:22 PM1/20/16
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Normal Android-x86 build (make iso_img/efi_img) does not include gapps.

Gapps (like Play Store, Youtube, Gmail, Maps, etc.) are added to system.img after the main build.

On 2016.01.20 20:08, Pavel Astakhov wrote:
Ca you elaborate on what you mean by "from the main build" & "not a part of the build process"?

So if I take the source code of 4.3 for example and compile it, youtube and gmail won't be there?
I thought I did that a few month ago and those apps were there but I could fooling myself and will check :)

Will I be able to download youtube and gmail later from Google Play or will it not allow me to which is why you folks added gapps?

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted