how can I get the source code of an old rc version

Kai Wu

Mar 18, 2020, 10:56:17 AM3/18/20
to Android-x86
Hi, everyone, how can I get the source code of an old rc version?
In the official git server I can only find the released branches.

sounds weired but I'm doing some debugging things and I believe the rc version code may be helpful.
if someone keeps the oreo-x86 rc1 version source code, could you plz share me a copy?
It will be very appreciated.

Mauro Rossi

Mar 18, 2020, 1:22:36 PM3/18/20
to Android-x86
If you communicate what you are testing/debugging and what is the problem, happy to share info/experience
Mauro

Kai Wu

Mar 18, 2020, 9:24:30 PM3/18/20
to Android-x86
hi,mauro

happy to see your reply, what I'm working on is a performance issue.
That is, when playing some games I found the fps was unstable in 8.1 and 9.0, but is fine in 7.1.

screenshots of gallium hub, the game is PUBG,  AMD RX580 graphic card

fps.png

as you see, mesa 17.1 is fine while higher than 18.3 is bad (actually I have tried the 18.2 version, it's bad too.)
so there must be something happened between mesa 17.1 and 18.3, but the version gap is still too big.
I want to finger out exactly from which version this issue was introduced, but I have tried all the released version, so that's why i need the rc version.

在 2020年3月19日星期四 UTC+8上午1:22:36,Mauro Rossi写道:

Kai Wu

Mar 18, 2020, 11:47:58 PM3/18/20
to Android-x86

在 2020年3月19日星期四 UTC+8上午1:22:36,Mauro Rossi写道:

my last try is mesa 18.1.1_oreo-x86 foud in your git (https://github.com/maurossi/mesa/tree/18.1.1_oreo-x86)  since I can't find any 18.1.x branches in osdn git server
build with 8.1 r2 and modify the mk file to using llvm70 and revert some commits for 18.2 and 18.3 in drm_gralloc
finally the system can boot,  but the screen output is totally a mess
could you give me some advices maybe a reciple scripts to get a usable mesa 18.1.x build just like the rc1 version?

Mauro Rossi

Mar 19, 2020, 5:23:39 AM3/19/20
to Android-x86
Hi, do you have correlated logs/statistics on what may be causing the framerate drop to 5 fps?
Is there some process having peak in cpu utilization during those fps drops?
Mauro

Kai Wu

Mar 19, 2020, 6:54:52 AM3/19/20
to Android-x86

在 2020年3月19日星期四 UTC+8下午5:23:39,Mauro Rossi写道:
hi, mauro:

yes, I do watch the cpu usage by running a top command through a remote console, and while playing games I can't see any high cpu process, all seems good.

today I succeed to get a 7.1 r3 build with mesa19 llvm70 by following this instruction (thanks for your recipe scripts, btw)

   Recipe_scripts_for_k419_llvm70_amd_dc_drm_gralloc_mesa-19.1.0-devel_w10.txt

so I can finally do a test under same machine, same kernel(4.19.105 from pie-x86), same Android and same game, the only different is mesa and llvm version.
issue remains in mesa19 build but disappeared when switch to mesa17 build.

now it's very clear that the problem is in graphic stack, I think.

Mauro Rossi

Mar 19, 2020, 1:54:32 PM3/19/20
to Android-x86
You see an observable degradation, but the analysis is just starting.

We just build the mesa software with minimal changes to Android makefiles,
stable versions and more recent versions should be checked before raising an #issue for performance degradation in mesa (to mesa C/C++ code developers).

Opening a bug on mentioning an old mesa version would not even be considered, because mesa developers will ask to use recent versions of mesa,
building and testing retro versions does not make much sense in the Goal of having a valuable info for mesa developers.

I would suggest to check with latest versions of llvm available for nougat-x86 https://github.com/maurossi/llvm/tree/nougat-x86_llvm80_release_80
and mesa stable 20.0.2 (mesa/20.0 branch can be merged to https://github.com/maurossi/mesa/commits/20.0.0_branch - which was the branch point and you'll need to change ./Android.mk file to use libLLVM80/-DMESA_LLVM_VERSION_STRING=\"8.0 instead of libLLVM90/-DMESA_LLVM_VERSION_STRING=\"9.0 )

With RX570 llvm 9 is not necessary, not even at compile time, llvm 9 is needed at runtime for gfx10/Navi and later AMD GPU chipsets

So for the moment, I would recommend to perform Nougat build and tests with mesa 20.0.2 and llvm 8
and proceed per steps.

Mauro

Kai Wu

Mar 20, 2020, 2:41:48 AM3/20/20
to Android-x86

在 2020年3月20日星期五 UTC+8上午1:54:32,Mauro Rossi写道:
hi, mauro

    I have done the test with nougat mesa20 llvm8, but unfortunately it doesn't work  :(

Kai Wu

Mar 20, 2020, 5:23:28 AM3/20/20
to Android-x86
在 2020年3月20日星期五 UTC+8上午1:54:32,Mauro Rossi写道:
hi, mauro

    I got a 'genxml/genX_bits.h' file not found error while build nougat with mesa19 & 20, for now I just disable the classic driver to make it work, is there a patch available?

Mauro Rossi

Mar 20, 2020, 7:58:09 AM3/20/20
to Android-x86
hi, mauro

    I got a 'genxml/genX_bits.h' file not found error while build nougat with mesa19 & 20, for now I just disable the classic driver to make it work, is there a patch available?

In the following branch there were commits needed to have mesa 19.3.3 working with nougat-x86,
the ones dated Feb, 16th on top of the pie-x86 branch will be needed also on top of mesa 20.0.2

Mauro

Kai Wu

Mar 20, 2020, 9:38:37 AM3/20/20
to Android-x86
在 2020年3月20日星期五 UTC+8下午7:58:09,Mauro Rossi写道:
thanks, I should notice this branch earlier : )

Huy Minh Bui

Mar 20, 2020, 1:50:41 PM3/20/20
to Android-x86
By the way can you help me test this one with LLVM8 ?
https://github.com/hmtheboy154/mesa/tree/19.3.5_nougat-x86

Huy Minh Bui

Mar 20, 2020, 1:57:26 PM3/20/20
to Android-x86
My friend have an RX 570 and tested PUBG and 3DMark on 9.0r1 and he told me that the Performance is better than Android 7.1 with stock Mesa and don't even have a FPS drop....
Weird thing is that I tried to compile Mesa 19.3 (LLVM8) and gave is to him to try out. He said that the Performance is even lower than stock Mesa. So this seems make me kinda confuse.......

Kai Wu

Mar 20, 2020, 11:14:13 PM3/20/20
to Android-x86
在 2020年3月21日星期六 UTC+8上午1:50:41,Huy Minh Bui写道:
By the way can you help me test this one with LLVM8 ?
https://github.com/hmtheboy154/mesa/tree/19.3.5_nougat-x86

sure, I will try this after weekend.

Kai Wu

Mar 22, 2020, 9:59:33 PM3/22/20
to Android-x86
在 2020年3月21日星期六 UTC+8上午1:50:41,Huy Minh Bui写道:
By the way can you help me test this one with LLVM8 ?
https://github.com/hmtheboy154/mesa/tree/19.3.5_nougat-x86

done test, the fps drop is still exist   : (

1.png

render info:

GLES: X.Org, Radeon RX 580 Series (POLARIS10, DRM 3.27.0, 4.19.105-android-x86_64-g508a79ee4, LLVM 8.0), OpenGL ES 3.2 Mesa 19.3.5 (git-6d8f57c645)

youling 257

Mar 23, 2020, 12:58:00 AM3/23/20
to Android-x86
if Revert "egl/android: Restrict minimum triple buffering for android co… Revert "egl/android: fix buffer_count for applications setting max co… , also need Revert 0661c35 egl/android: Update color_buffers querying for buffer age.

please test revert 0661c35.

在 2020年3月23日星期一 UTC+8上午9:59:33,Kai Wu写道:

Kai Wu

Mar 23, 2020, 3:38:20 AM3/23/20
to Android-x86
thanks for the advices,but problem remains....

在 2020年3月23日星期一 UTC+8下午12:58:00,youling 257写道:

Kai Wu

Mar 25, 2020, 9:09:45 PM3/25/20
to Android-x86
在 2020年3月20日星期五 UTC+8上午1:54:32,Mauro Rossi写道:
hi, Mauro:

I have done the test with mesa18.1.0 + llvm50 this week, the fps is fine, so it should be the changes between mesa 18.1.0 and 18.2.0 cause the fps drop, or llvm ? any ideas?

Huy Minh Bui

Mar 26, 2020, 10:02:56 AM3/26/20
to Android-x86
After revert like what youling257 said I don't have FPS problem anymore. Weird.......
Oh by the wayI did it in my 20.0.2 repo

Vào 08:09:45 UTC+7 Thứ Năm, ngày 26 tháng 3 năm 2020, Kai Wu đã viết:

Kai Wu

Mar 26, 2020, 10:31:44 AM3/26/20
to Android-x86
Interesting,  i will try the 20.0.2 branch tomorrow, plz tell me which version llvm did you use ?

在 2020年3月26日星期四 UTC+8下午10:02:56,Huy Minh Bui写道:

Huy Minh Bui

Mar 26, 2020, 12:36:41 PM3/26/20
to Android-x86
LLVM8
Tested with radeon 6670HD and my friend RX570. He test PUBGM and got no problem so far.....

By the way which app are you using to test FPS ?

Kai Wu

Mar 27, 2020, 12:03:06 AM3/27/20
to Android-x86
I was just using the GALLIUM_HUD for showing fps stat graphic on screen while playing games.

edit the init.rc:

on init
    export GALLIUM_HUD_VISIBLE false
    export GALLIUM_HUD_TOGGLE_SIGNAL 10
    export GALLIUM_HUD GPU-load,cpu,fps

now you can toggle the hub by kill -10 <pid of surfaceflinger>

在 2020年3月27日星期五 UTC+8上午12:36:41,Huy Minh Bui写道:

Kai Wu

Mar 27, 2020, 12:05:58 AM3/27/20
to Android-x86
hi, I test your 20.0.2 branch this morning. but still got fps drops in my machine. can you plz share me an iso file so i can test it directly in my hardware?