Auto mount SDCARD like USB?

Torsten Appelhagen

Feb 21, 2019, 10:38:52 AM2/21/19
to Android-x86
Hello,

our development board has an SD card slot. Insertion and removal is correctly reported in dmesg, but the card is not automatically mounted like it happens with a USB-stick.
The card is shown as mmcblk1 (mmcblk1p1). I can mount it as root but it's not usable via file manager...

I assume this may be achieved through fstab.[device] in the root folder, but I cannot find any documentation HOW. Can anyone point me there, please?

Thanks!
Torsten

Chih-Wei Huang

Feb 21, 2019, 9:59:55 PM2/21/19
to Android-x86
Torsten Appelhagen <bors...@gmail.com> 於 2019年2月21日 週四 下午11:38寫道:

> our development board has an SD card slot. Insertion and removal is correctly reported in dmesg, but the card is not automatically mounted like it happens with a USB-stick.
> The card is shown as mmcblk1 (mmcblk1p1). I can mount it as root but it's not usable via file manager...
>
> I assume this may be achieved through fstab.[device] in the root folder, but I cannot find any documentation HOW. Can anyone point me there, please?

Find the /sys path and add it to fstab.
(remove /sys prefix)

find /sys -name mmcblk1

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Torsten Appelhagen

Mar 7, 2019, 10:58:08 AM3/7/19
to Android-x86
Excellent, works like a charm - thanks a lot!

Jon West

Mar 18, 2019, 6:47:42 PM3/18/19
to Android-x86
What was the name it found for your sdcard?

Torsten Appelhagen

Mar 19, 2019, 7:23:45 AM3/19/19
to Android-x86
I needed to add /devices/*/80860F16:00/mmc_*

Chih-Wei Huang

Mar 20, 2019, 12:26:04 AM3/20/19
to Android-x86
Torsten Appelhagen <bors...@gmail.com> 於 2019年3月19日 週二 下午7:23寫道:

> I needed to add /devices/*/80860F16:00/mmc_*

Will add that. Thanks!