OTA updates

Arjun Koroth

Aug 4, 2014, 7:40:18 AM8/4/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
is it possible to update android x86 4.3 to directly update to 4.4 via Settings>About tablet>system updates, pls let me know.

Antony Stone

Aug 5, 2014, 3:55:11 AM8/5/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Monday 04 August 2014 at 13:40:17 (EU time), Arjun Koroth wrote:

> is it possible to update android x86 4.3 to directly update to 4.4 via
> Settings>About tablet>system updates, pls let me know.

No, it is not possible to update that way.

However, if you install 4.4 to a machine with 4.3 currently on it (and select
the same partition etc), the installer will prompt you to update instead of
over-write.

Antony.

--
It is also possible that putting the birds in a laboratory setting
inadvertently renders them relatively incompetent.

- Daniel C Dennett

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.