Does anybody use android-x86 on a non-touchscreen laptop?

Ottavio Caruso

Jan 18, 2024, 10:51:17 AMJan 18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I have an old Thinkpad T440 (non touchscreen) and after 20 years of
using Linux on the desktop, I feel incredibly frustrated. Running it
on qemu or emulators is not an option as my CPU is not powerful
enough. Would android-x86 make a good daily driver? I don't do much
productivity nowadays, but I do a lot of command line usage. I also
need to have a FAT partition to share with other Linux distros in an
emergency. Thanks

--
Ottavio Caruso

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

nownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownow

Jan 18, 2024, 10:52:07 AMJan 18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
you are so stupid, android was ment for phones

Huy Minh Bùi (HMTheBoy154)

Jan 18, 2024, 10:59:12 AMJan 18
to Android-x86
Great, the old troll is back

Vào lúc 22:52:07 UTC+7 ngày Thứ Năm, 18 tháng 1, 2024, macosca...@gmail.com đã viết:

john s wolter

Jan 18, 2024, 2:47:11 PMJan 18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I use Android_x86 inside Virtualbox/org choosing a LINUX environment.  It works with my cell phone' Google account.and syncs,

Cheers, John S Wolter, Johnny 8-Shots, Johnny One Eye, Staying Safe, Hands Washed, Immune System Challenged, Masked, 2-meters, Remote & Hybrid Team meetings.
--------------------
LinkedIn: John S Wolter, johnswolter
"Slava Ukraini" - Wikipedia

image.png

nownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownow

Jan 18, 2024, 2:48:28 PMJan 18
to andro...@googlegroups.com, john s wolter, Jordan Livesey

android was ment for phones, end of story, buy buy, fuck off, smell my feet, and shit your pants

john s wolter

Jan 18, 2024, 3:31:00 PMJan 18
to nownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownow, andro...@googlegroups.com, Jordan Livesey

Let;s see here
Spelling  buy is spelled  by
"fuck off" is spelled  "fuck-off"
"ment"  is spelled "meant" however your statement doesn't establish the future tense
Fact corrections" "android was [meant] for phone"  -  A simple Google search revells many uses.
Not currently possible using the Internet:   "smell my feet, and shit [in] your pants"

It's clear you failed your English classes.  You must work for an autocrat.  Would that be Putin, Xi, or Kim Un?

meep meep

Jan 18, 2024, 3:34:53 PMJan 18
to john s wolter, 'Ottavio Caruso' via Android-x86
You are so dumb, android was meant for fucking phones, fuck off or Putin comes

<image.png>

john s wolter

Jan 18, 2024, 3:59:27 PMJan 18
to meep meep, 'Ottavio Caruso' via Android-x86
{t's not possible for cell phones to copulate.
Cheers, John S Wolter, Johnny 8-Shots, Johnny One Eye, Staying Safe, Hands Washed, Immune System Challenged, Masked, 2-meters, Remote & Hybrid Team meetings.
--------------------

Ottavio Caruso

Jan 31, 2024, 4:30:02 AMJan 31
to andro...@googlegroups.com
[The first time, this thread was successfully hijacked. I hope this
time somebody will stay on topic]

Ottavio Caruso

Jan 31, 2024, 5:13:21 AMJan 31
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, the title should have been "Repost" not "report".

Aidan Macgregor

Jan 31, 2024, 6:38:59 AMJan 31
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I used to for a while, I now use WSA in windows to run apps, there are things like remix OS amd others similar I tried for a while too with more desktop like UI experience :)

Ottavio Caruso

Jan 31, 2024, 7:21:31 AMJan 31
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Am 31/01/2024 um 11:38 schrieb 'Aidan Macgregor' via Android-x86:
> I used to for a while, I now use WSA in windows to run apps, there are
> things like remix OS amd others similar I tried for a while too with more

Isn't RemixOS semi-proprietary?

Aidan Macgregor

Jan 31, 2024, 7:38:37 AMJan 31
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Yes I believe so, there are other projects similar just that's the one I could recall from memory, not sure about the status of the others though either :)

john s wolter

May 7, 2024, 4:49:37 AMMay 7
to Jordan Livesey, andro...@googlegroups.com
I run it inside Virtualbox,org  starting with a LINUX / Android setup then install..  I can login using my Android signin and get what I use mostly on my cellphone.  I still see most of the same for the cellphone.  Mostly run inside Chrome browser.  I have to test everything, "Just-in-.Case".

Cheers, John S Wolter, Johnny 10-Shots, Staying Safe, Immune Challenged, Remote/Hybrid Okay