touch not working for Haier Y11B

Saad Akram

Feb 17, 2020, 7:59:58 AM2/17/20
to Android-x86
could you please incorporate the touch driver for HID compliant Touch Screen in future Releases of android x86. I installed Android 7.1 rc3 on my tablet Haier Y11B but the touch screen was not working.for so e Tecnical Information that i gather regarding the Device Driver ( which i found by viewing Device properties in Windows Device Manager ) is given below:

Hardware IDs

HID\VEN_FTSC&DEV_1000&REV_0001&Col01
HID\VEN_FTSC&DEV_1000&Col01
HID\FTSC1000&Col01
HID\*FTSC1000&Col01
HID\VID_2808&UP:000D_U:0004
HID_DEVICE_UP:000D_U:0004
HID_DEVICE

Michael Goffioul

Feb 17, 2020, 8:33:23 AM2/17/20
to Android-x86
The HID multitouch driver is already part of android-x86. Your problem is likely related to some other driver. I would suggest first to use a newer kernel, the easiest being to use the latest Android 9 RC release. If it still doesn't work, the next step would be to use regular Linux (e.g. Ubuntu) and see wether your hardware is supported; if it is, then figure out what drivers are being used so they can be added to Android-x86. Otherwise you will need to provide full dmesg output from your device after booting android-x86 (boot device, connect to it through ADB, collect output of "adb shell dmesg", see https://www.android-x86.org/documentation/debug.html for debugging information).

Michael.

Saad Akram

Feb 18, 2020, 2:56:15 PM2/18/20
to Android-x86
Thanks you so much will try and then post it here

Saad Akram

Mar 2, 2020, 1:50:13 PM3/2/20
to Android-x86
Ok I did try to use a new Kernel like Android 9 latest. i checked it by running it on Live Installation. Surprisingly it worked. but then after installing it i booted android ... ... touch didnt worked.... it seems that some how the driver for the touch is loaded during live running.. but doesnt work after installation

Chih-Wei Huang

Mar 2, 2020, 9:24:50 PM3/2/20
to Android-x86
Saad Akram <saada...@gmail.com> 於 2020年3月3日 週二 上午2:50寫道:

> Ok I did try to use a new Kernel like Android 9 latest. i checked it by running it on Live Installation. Surprisingly it worked. but then after installing it i booted android ... ... touch didnt worked.... it seems that some how the driver for the touch is loaded during live running.. but doesnt work after installation

Please provide the dmesg and lsmod of both cases
for comparisons.

Saad Akram

Mar 3, 2020, 1:44:48 AM3/3/20
to Android-x86
Thank You so much for the reply.. i tried Android 7 and it worked after adding the boot entry to UEFI ( did a thorough search :D) and succeeded.. there was no problem with the touch . but another problem rose. when i installed Android 9. after installation . it didnt boot.it is stuck .. trying android 8 now