Samsung N150 Plus and WIFI

Andrea Porta

Dec 31, 2013, 6:24:42 AM12/31/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
With the target of installing and use Android-x86 on my Samsung N150 Plus (Processor: Intel Atom N550 1.50 GHz - RAM 1 GB - WLan card Broadcom 802.11n), I tested the following ISOs through Live USB (Unebootin):

- android-x86-4.0-RC2-eeepc: it worked fine apart a problem with the background, even the Wifi worked, enabling me to set connection details just after the language choice screen;

- android-x86-4.2-20130228: it seemed to be fine but WIFI didn't work;

- android-x86-4.3-20130725: as per above;

- android-x86-4.0-r1.1-asus_laptop: as per above;

- android-x86-4.0-RC2-asus_laptop: as per above.

According to those results I installed android-x86-4.0-RC2-eeepc in a new EXT3 partition (I kept also the original Windows 7) and the process was quick, smooth and successfull, including Grub installation, but I haven't been asked to create the fake sdcard.

Unfortunately, since the first boot WIFI didn't work anymore, while the background problem was fixed, making me think that various Live USB attempts could have implemented somewhere radical and unchangeable modifications (I really don't know if this is possible): does anyone experienced the same and would have any suggestion to fix WIFI?

Best regards and a Happy New Year!