Question from Russia to experienced users and developers of the platform Android X86

Pavel Sotnikov

Dec 14, 2017, 6:48:50 AM12/14/17
to Android-x86
I am a novice user of Android 6.0 r2 32bit. I installed the system on the IDE controller.My motherboard does not support the AICHI mode.But I would like to transfer the system to SATA or RAID mode.Is this possible?The forum 4pda reported that the platform only works on the IDE controllers or in the AICHI mode.

DDS Central

Dec 14, 2017, 4:32:15 PM12/14/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
As long as the kernel can see your drive, Android will work fine.

On Dec 14, 2017 1:49 PM, "Pavel Sotnikov" <pave...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am a novice user of Android 6.0 r2 32bit. I installed the system on the IDE controller.My motherboard does not support the AICHI mode.But I would like to transfer the system to SATA or RAID mode.Is this possible?The forum 4pda reported that the platform only works on the IDE controllers or in the AICHI mode.

Pavel Sotnikov

Dec 16, 2017, 3:42:32 AM12/16/17
to Android-x86

пятница, 15 декабря 2017 г., 7:32:15 UTC+10 пользователь Povilas Staniulis написал:
As long as the kernel can see your drive, Android will work fine.
On Dec 14, 2017 1:49 PM, "Pavel Sotnikov" <pave...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am a novice user of Android 6.0 r2 32bit. I installed the system on the IDE controller.My motherboard does not support the AICHI mode.But I would like to transfer the system to SATA or RAID mode.Is this possible?The forum 4pda reported that the platform only works on the IDE controllers or in the AICHI mode.

Thanks for the comment.But my question was about supporting the SATA controller for installing the OS.
The fact is that on my motherboard Asus M2N only the IDE / SATA / RAID mode is supported.
The AICHI mode is not provided.
I found information on the network how to support SATA controller for installing the OS.
I'm certainly not strong at programming and in Linux. But I'll try to do something.

Povilas Staniulis

Dec 16, 2017, 10:14:47 AM12/16/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Boot the installer and check if it sees your drive.