Re: Digest for android-x86@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

TREMEL ROSSER

Apr 23, 2024, 9:17:25 AMApr 23
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Perseis. Heads in our housev showvthey heads wants

On Tue, Apr 23, 2024, 04:21 <andro...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Steven Scott <codek...@gmail.com>: Apr 22 08:30AM -0700

Recently got this working on Virtualbox as a home for MS authenticator
lol.
Couldn't find any good information on this issue in this group, but did get
around it and it's actually quite trivial.
Problem seems to be X11 based, seems to switch to one of the tty sessions
when trying to fire up the screen saver or sleep. Haven't dug around deep
enough to find it but better clues can probably be found in the X11 loogs.
Anyways, X11 is typically configured to provide multiple console
sessions along with 1 - sometimes more, GUI desktop session(s). To switch
between them use the hotkeys CTRL-Alt-F1 through F12, depending on how many
are there.
I run Android from a Linux host, so I had to use the soft keyboard
Virtualbox provides to enter the CTRL-Alt-F7 sequence to bring the gui back
up. Normally the GUI is CTRL-Alt-F7 - Ubuntu likes to be different though.

Only downside I've found so far using the soft keyboard in Virtualbox is
that once you've used it, ACPI power off does't work anymore. I'm calling
that a Vbox bug.

Cheers!
SWS