Build SDK with android-x86

Dan Cape

Jul 13, 2018, 3:12:26 PM7/13/18
to Android-x86
Is there anyway to build an SDK using Android-x86? I tried doing the following but encountered errors:
dan@ubuntu:~/Android/Oreo$ . build/envsetup.sh
including device/generic/uml/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/x86/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/x86_64/vendorsetup.sh
including sdk/bash_completion/adb.bash
dan@ubuntu:~/Android/Oreo$ lunch sdk_x86_64-eng

PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=8.1.0
TARGET_PRODUCT=sdk_x86_64
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_PLATFORM_VERSION=OPM1
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=x86_64
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=x86_64
TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=
TARGET_2ND_ARCH=x86
TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT=x86_64
TARGET_2ND_CPU_VARIANT=
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-4.15.0-23-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-18.04-bionic
HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
HOST_CROSS_2ND_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=OPM6.171019.030.B1
OUT_DIR=out
AUX_OS_VARIANT_LIST=
dan@ubuntu:~/Android/Oreo$ make -j3 sdk
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=8.1.0
TARGET_PRODUCT=sdk_x86_64
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_ARCH=x86_64
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=x86_64
TARGET_2ND_ARCH=x86
TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT=x86_64
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-4.15.0-23-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-18.04-bionic
HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
HOST_CROSS_2ND_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=OPM6.171019.030.B1
OUT_DIR=out
ninja: no work to do.
ninja: no work to do.
out/build-sdk_x86_64-sdk.ninja is missing, regenerating...
[622/831] including ./system/sepolicy/Android.mk ...
./system/sepolicy/Android.mk:111: warning: BOARD_SEPOLICY_VERS not specified, assuming current platform version
[831/831] including ./tools/apksig/Android.mk ...
external/exfat/fsck/Android.mk: error: libexfat_fsck_static (STATIC_LIBRARIES android-x86_64) missing libfuse_static (STATIC_LIBRARIES android-x86_64)
You can set ALLOW_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES=true in your environment if this is intentional, but that may defer real problems until later in the build.
external/exfat/fsck/Android.mk: error: libexfat_fsck_static (STATIC_LIBRARIES android-x86) missing libfuse_static (STATIC_LIBRARIES android-x86)
You can set ALLOW_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES=true in your environment if this is intentional, but that may defer real problems until later in the build.
external/exfat/fuse/Android.mk: error: libexfat_mount_static (STATIC_LIBRARIES android-x86_64) missing libfuse_static (STATIC_LIBRARIES android-x86_64)
You can set ALLOW_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES=true in your environment if this is intentional, but that may defer real problems until later in the build.
external/exfat/fuse/Android.mk: error: libexfat_mount_static (STATIC_LIBRARIES android-x86) missing libfuse_static (STATIC_LIBRARIES android-x86)
You can set ALLOW_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES=true in your environment if this is intentional, but that may defer real problems until later in the build.
external/exfat/libexfat/Android.mk: error: libexfat_static (STATIC_LIBRARIES android-x86_64) missing libfuse_static (STATIC_LIBRARIES android-x86_64)
You can set ALLOW_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES=true in your environment if this is intentional, but that may defer real problems until later in the build.
external/exfat/libexfat/Android.mk: error: libexfat_static (STATIC_LIBRARIES android-x86) missing libfuse_static (STATIC_LIBRARIES android-x86)
You can set ALLOW_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES=true in your environment if this is intentional, but that may defer real problems until later in the build.
external/exfat/mkfs/Android.mk: error: libexfat_mkfs_static (STATIC_LIBRARIES android-x86_64) missing libfuse_static (STATIC_LIBRARIES android-x86_64)
You can set ALLOW_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES=true in your environment if this is intentional, but that may defer real problems until later in the build.
external/exfat/mkfs/Android.mk: error: libexfat_mkfs_static (STATIC_LIBRARIES android-x86) missing libfuse_static (STATIC_LIBRARIES android-x86)
You can set ALLOW_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES=true in your environment if this is intentional, but that may defer real problems until later in the build.
external/mesa/src/egl/Android.mk: error: libGLES_mesa (SHARED_LIBRARIES android-x86_64) missing libgralloc_drm (SHARED_LIBRARIES android-x86_64)
You can set ALLOW_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES=true in your environment if this is intentional, but that may defer real problems until later in the build.
external/mesa/src/egl/Android.mk: error: libGLES_mesa (SHARED_LIBRARIES android-x86) missing libgralloc_drm (SHARED_LIBRARIES android-x86)
You can set ALLOW_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES=true in your environment if this is intentional, but that may defer real problems until later in the build.
build/core/main.mk:728: error: exiting from previous errors.
12:10:12 ckati failed with: exit status 1

#### failed to build some targets (29 seconds) ####

DANiO

Jul 13, 2018, 9:16:23 PM7/13/18
to Android-x86
as it says: You can set ALLOW_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES=true in your environment if this is intentional, but that may defer real problems until later in the build.

before using:
make -j3 sdk

use
export ALLOW_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES=true

then do it.

Chih-Wei Huang

Jul 16, 2018, 4:07:36 AM7/16/18
to Android-x86
> Is there anyway to build an SDK using Android-x86? I tried doing the
> following but encountered errors:

Why do you want to do so?
Just use the standard Android SDK
which could be used to build x86 apps.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Dan Cape

Jul 16, 2018, 10:22:43 AM7/16/18
to Android-x86
I was just wondering if it was possible and if those warnings were going to lead to more problems down the road. I can use the standard SDK.

Chih-Wei Huang

Jul 16, 2018, 10:30:32 PM7/16/18
to Android-x86
> I was just wondering if it was possible and if those warnings were going to
> lead to more problems down the road. I can use the standard SDK.

I didn't verify.
But I think we have stripped some necessary
components needed to build SDK.
(but unnecessary to build android-x86 image)