Android-x86_64-8.1-r3 (or r2!) doesn't start on my Gigabyte motherboard i5 (6th gen) PC with Nvidia GPU and Logitech peripherals

Kunal Roy

Nov 3, 2019, 10:31:05 PM11/3/19
to Android-x86
Hi,

Have been trying to install the Android-x86 on the above mentioned configuration. The problems are

1) While installing, the partitions in the hard disk (which are visible in Windows disk management) aren't visible. It just gives me the option of installing on the whole disk.

Hence, I keep trying  to install in live mode.

2) While installing, if my Logitech wireless keyboard is switched on, the system shuts down by itself after the Android logo is displayed.

3) If I keep it switched off, it loads to the starting page where it asks to key in the customary details and to connect to the available wifi networks. But when I input the password for my network, it doesn't connect! The loop of connecting just keeps repeating.

Will really appreciate if anyone can help

Thanks,
Kunal

DDS Central

Nov 5, 2019, 6:03:53 PM11/5/19
to Android-x86
Android does start on your board because you do get the Gapps initial setup wizard. But your WiFi doesnt't work properly.
To fix your WiFi, we need a dmesg log.