Lollipop 5.0.2 (LRX22G), misc feedback

Andrea Borgia

Feb 16, 2015, 4:39:42 PM2/16/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hopefully the author of the iso is monitoring this group, so here is my quick list of issues / suggestions regarding this version after installing on my EEEpc 1215P:

-Play Store does not work, most likely because of the ext4 data.img issue already mentioned in another thread
-there is no console application
-would it be possible to add a reboot command to the power menu?
-suspend to disk is not working: disk keeps spinning (this is working OK in the current KK stable release)
-suspend should check monitor lid when available (this also happens on KK, but at least in that case the power button suspends just fine)

This is a machine which is not vital for me, so I installed both KK and L on separate partitions and, time permitting, I am up for testing.

Bernard

Feb 16, 2015, 9:29:08 PM2/16/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
-Play Store does not work, most likely because of the ext4 data.img issue already mentioned in another thread

You're right. How are you installing? I just install Android-x86 to an ext4 partition on the USB drive and then copy that over. Works fine.

-there is no console application

Ctrl + Alt + F1 for terminal. Or download terminal emulator app once you get Play Store up and running.

-would it be possible to add a reboot command to the power menu?

Don't know how it works with Android-x86, but it seems like a reboot command will reboot the computer, which will then go to your normal bootloader. In KitKat I threw in a quick toggle using Gravity Box that fires a Tasker shortcut running command "pkill zygote" which does a soft reboot. It's very quick and how I "reset" the bluetooth lol.

-suspend to disk is not working: disk keeps spinning (this is working OK in the current KK stable release)

KitKat puts my tablet to sleep, but then it wakes up after 2 minutes. I wonder who's got that working well.

The Black Death

Feb 17, 2015, 9:53:56 AM2/17/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I have found that for most things, Sleep, Rotation Problems, Etc.  Just getting an App off the Playstore Can fix the issues (for now), On My 4.4 RC2 Install I Use Rom Toolbox to create a Reboot Short-Cut on The Desk Top, And as Stated, It reboots the Whole Computer...But I also Believe there's soft reboot Setting...

TBD

rbg

Feb 17, 2015, 5:16:23 PM2/17/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
> -there is no console application

of course there is....dev options/Local Terminal

Andrea Borgia

Feb 18, 2015, 3:54:56 PM2/18/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
@Barnard: after reading that thread, I wiped the partition, created an ext4 for system and an ext3 for /data. Installed again,  booted Linux, checked that /data was used (it wasn't), created /data mountpoint and rebooted. Now "data" is indeed a separate partition yet Play Services keeps hanging and I cannot login to my account.
Terminal: yeah, I know but I meant the app like in KK
Suspend: on the EEEpc it is totally reliable and extremely fast in resuming, barely a second before streaming radio resumes after hitting a key

@Black death / rbg: well, reboot from command line works fine, it's just one of those suggestions that the developers can implement if they feel it's not too much work and ignore otherwise.

@rbg: I enabled "dev options" with the click-click-click sequence but I still don't see an option to open a terminal. Not a big issue, as I said.

TBD

Feb 19, 2015, 4:44:01 PM2/19/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Never seen terminal in dev options. ALT-F1.

TBD

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

rbg

Mar 3, 2015, 8:27:34 PM3/3/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
@rbg: I enabled "dev options" with the click-click-click sequence but I still don't see an option to open a terminal. Not a big issue, as I said.

yup your right....I was working with a build where I had integrated some CyanogenMOD stuff and the terminal in
dev options happened to be one of them...the alt-F1 seems to be the same in android-x86