Lenovo miix 320 vertical panel issue

Dominik Dömötör

Mar 24, 2018, 3:05:13 PM3/24/18
to Android-x86
So I think this device has a vertical panel (had some other issues within windows because of that...) and I think android x86 tries to display a 1280x800 image on an 800x1280 panel and because of that, the image is displayed vertically and misaligned as you can see in the video I provided, I hope you can help, thanks in advance! And I almost forgot to mention it only boots with no harware acceleration, when enabled there is only a black screen...

Device: Lenovo miix 320
Processor: Intel Atom x5 z8350
Ram: 4gb ddr3l
Screen: 1280x800 or more like 800x1280 because it's a vertical panel and it's turned horizontal via software

Android x86 version: android-x86_64-7.1-r1.iso

other versions I tried, but got only black screens because no option to disable hardware acceleration...:
android-x86_64-6.0-r2.iso
android-x86_64-6.0-r3.iso
android-x86_64-7.1-rc2.iso
android-x86-7.1-r1.iso
cm-x86_64-13.0-r1.iso
cm-x86_64-14.1-rc1.iso

In case I missed something just ask and will provide futher information.

THEMAXIMUMPOWER

Apr 2, 2018, 8:55:11 PM4/2/18
to Android-x86
Same here with Lenovo Yoga Book, the multiple Screen got fixed only with kernel 4.12+, try BlissOS nightlies , you will get Screen work normal  but with some missing Drivers e.g. Sound,.....

Dominik Dömötör

Apr 8, 2018, 6:17:54 AM4/8/18
to Android-x86
So since then I've tried other android x86 based operating systems and the best was Phoenix OS, not only did display work correctly but also sound and even bluetooth, but as always something didn't work and that was the accelerometer, so the OS is in portrait all the time and I couldn't find any option to turn it landscape...

The OS itself is also pretty well made, it's a windows like skin on top of Android 7.1.1 (if I remember correctly) but it's pretty well made, well at least in my opinion...

This is the version I tried: PhoenixOSInstaller_v2.6.2.396_x86_x64.iso

GOALARG Arg

Apr 9, 2018, 7:31:58 AM4/9/18
to Android-x86
HI. try this:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/android-x86/efgnq9xA5aQ/9qaU4F7PAwAJ

and them install from play store Control Screen orientation,

Travis Gintz

May 3, 2018, 2:38:08 AM5/3/18
to Android-x86
What ended up working? I can run phonix OS, but I cannot get the installer to run so I can install to the SSD.

All other programs like BlissOS and Android X86 don't work at all. Not sure how to get them to run and install.

Marco

Jun 3, 2018, 3:32:09 AM6/3/18
to Android-x86
Found a way to temporary rotate the screen after boot: in grub just select android x86 (live or installation), press "e" key and then "ctrl+c" for terminal. Add this code: set gfxpayload=800x1280 (you can change the screen resolution if you have the same problem with another machine). I'm still searching for keep this settings permanent.

Use this method to fix rotate in phoenixos:

Install a terminal app like Termux from Play Store

open /etc/init.sh with an editor of your choice, i have used Solid Explorer

Search function init_hal_sensors()

Add the following line to it

Code:

set_property hal.sensors.iio.accel.matrix 0,1,0,1,0,0,0,0,1

Marco

Apr 27, 2019, 7:54:17 AM4/27/19
to Android-x86
Finally found a way to install Android x86 on our Lenovo miix 320

This is the steps:

. Download the latest build of Android x86 8.1 Oreo from official site
. Use Rufus or similar to burn iso image on usb
. In windows create a partition for android (i used 16gb)
. Start the boot manager by pressing power button and vol+ on boot (release when you see the logo) and select start from usb
. In grub move on android installation and press 'e' key
. Now press ctrl+c to enter command line and type: set gfxpayload=800x1280 and press enter then 'Exit' key
. Press ctrl+x for boot and the installation process starts (format partition we created in ext4 and install android in read & write mode, follo a guide if you don't know how to install)

At this point we have to correct the screen rotation so follow this steps:

. Download a root browser'app like Solid explorer or Root browser classic
. Open init.sh file found in 'etc' folder
. Search function init_hal_sensors()
. After the first { add this code:

set_property ro.iio.accel.order 102
set_property ro.iio.accel.x.opt_scale -1
set_property ro.iio.accel.y.opt_scale -1

.Reboot and enjoy your Android x86 on Lenovo miix 320

There are other bugs but the system works really smooth and fast

Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Italy :)

J.Marsh

Apr 27, 2019, 12:54:04 PM4/27/19
to andro...@googlegroups.com, ghzm...@gmail.com

My friend, I am going to come over to Italy and give you the biggest hug youve ever had. This is the one piece of the puzzle i have been struggling with. I even have a Lenovo to try it on ( not the important part.)  For some reason I have been able to do the screen rotation without much trouble on builds previous to rc 7.x or so. Then it became quite difficult. Ive had 6.0 and rcx 7.x running on all kinds of machines, from desktops to netbooks in the past. Im going to get down and dirty with this build now. You have inspired me to continue!
Regards from Canada,
Jason

P.s. i have always had best luck with ext3 for some reason. And i like to use an external wide screen monitor with the mounting bracket turned 90 deg. This was the root of my problem. Ill let you know if this was it! Thanks again. That monitor is even nicer mounted on the wall. Try it you'll see.

Chih-Wei Huang

Apr 28, 2019, 10:32:39 PM4/28/19
to Android-x86
Marco <ghzm...@gmail.com> 於 2019年4月27日 週六 下午7:54寫道:
Great! Please provide the output of this command (by root):

cat /sys/class/dmi/id/uevent

Then we can add the support of your device in next release.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Marco

Apr 29, 2019, 4:22:01 AM4/29/19
to Android-x86

MODALIAS=dmi:bvnLENOVO:bvr5HCN39WW:bd05/11/2018:svnLENOVO:pn80XF:pvrLenovoMIIX320-10ICR:rvnLENOVO:rnLNVNB161216:rvrSDK0J91196WIN:cvnLENOVO:ct32:cvrLenovoMIIX320-10ICR:

Chih-Wei Huang

Apr 29, 2019, 4:56:01 AM4/29/19
to Android-x86
Marco <ghzm...@gmail.com> 於 2019年4月29日 週一 下午4:22寫道:

> MODALIAS=dmi:bvnLENOVO:bvr5HCN39WW:bd05/11/2018:svnLENOVO:pn80XF:pvrLenovoMIIX320-10ICR:rvnLENOVO:rnLNVNB161216:rvrSDK0J91196WIN:cvnLENOVO:ct32:cvrLenovoMIIX320-10ICR:

Thanks! The patch is added:

https://sourceforge.net/p/android-x86/device_generic_common/ci/c688751b07bf1bfdd440fef6dc1a791c1601c58c/