Power button, lid close, touch and rotation problems

Jake Walker

Jan 14, 2018, 6:08:52 AM1/14/18
to Android-x86
Hi,

I finally got Android x86 working today thanks to some lovely people on this forum :), however, I'm having a few problems with my installation. I've had a little look at all of them on the forum but can't seem to find the way to fix them. I'm running it on a Lenovo Miix 300 which is a tablet which has a detachable keyboard to transform it into a laptop.

  • Power Button: When I quickly press the power button it turns off the screen and leaves on the keyboard for about 30 seconds before turning off the keyboard. I can't actually turn it back on after, it seems like it actually shuts down Android. I tried adding poweroff.doubleclick=1 and sleep.earlysuspend=1 to my build.prop but it's not helping
  • Lid Close: Like I mentioned above, my tablet has a detachable keyboard, normally on Windows when I closed the tablet onto the keyboard (like a laptop) it would go into sleep mode, but it just stays awake. I couldn't find anything to do with this problem in the forums.
  • Touch: The touch works fine when I boot up but when I click using the trackpad, the touch completely stops working, but in the Developer Options I can do 'Show touches' and it does show where I touch.
  • Rotation: The rotation on my tablet sort of works, but it's offset by 90 degrees. So when I turn the screen upside down, the screen is oriented portrait to the left side, when the screen is the right way up it is oriented portrait to the right side and when the right side is pointed up it has the screen in landscape to the bottom of the screen. For a quick fix I just fixed the rotation to the one I wanted.

If anyone could help me with these problems I would greatly appriciate it.

Thanks,

Jake

Jake Walker

Jan 14, 2018, 6:16:14 AM1/14/18
to Android-x86
Also sound doesn't play (tested through the YouTube app)

Stavros Christodoulou

Jan 16, 2018, 6:27:22 AM1/16/18
to Android-x86
For rotation, the sensor values might be inverted in the kernel module source. I fixed my issue by changing that value and compiling the kernel.