Wifi issue using TL-WN823N USB adapter

Fabrício Pereira

Feb 27, 2018, 9:45:19 PM2/27/18
to Android-x86
Hi again,

As subject says, i have an USB wifi adapter, a TL-WN823N V2 - product site: https://www.tp-link.com/us/download/TL-WN823N.html . Just to clarify once more, it's V2 revision.

Doing some research, i could find it uses Realtek 8192EU chip, wich i believe, started to be supported from kernel 4.9 onwards (it's the nougat-x86 starting kernel, right?). So, it works for me, but there is a caveat: if i boot my computer with adapter plugged, android recognizes the adapter, but it seems it's not initialized properly, somehow. All i know is, entering on wifi setup, it shows my wifi network and lists as 'saved'. If i click there to connect, seems like it can't authenticated, and after a while, it shows 'saved' again. So, all i have to do, is unplug and replug my adapter, then it recognizes my network, authenticates and automatically connects. It seems, after a sleep and awake cycle, something goes wrong again, so i have to do same steps to get my adapter working. While it's not a real problem, since i can activate my connection, i wish obviously having it working without the incovenience of unplugging/replugging. What could i do to diagnose and solve this issue?

Ah, i'm using lineageos cm-x86-14.1-r1.

Thanks again for attention,
Fabrício.

Chih-Wei Huang

Feb 28, 2018, 9:25:02 PM2/28/18
to Android-x86
Sounds like a driver issue.
You may try a newer kernel to see if it's improved.

You may also refer to this thread which
describes a similar issue (and possible solution).

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Chih-Wei Huang

Feb 28, 2018, 9:25:26 PM2/28/18
to Android-x86

Fabrício Pereira

Mar 4, 2018, 6:34:33 PM3/4/18
to Android-x86
Thanks for responses again, Chih.

I must say i'm not techy savvy enough to compile android changing kernel, or applying kernel patches as the other thread suggested. Maybe if someone help me, i could do that. Anyway, oddly enough, my wifi dongle started to behave as it should, connecting once android boots. I don't really know what could happened. If things go weird again, i'll let you all know.