Can we use adb when android stuck at bootanimation?

Thella Shyam Kumar

Jan 10, 2019, 1:00:03 AM1/10/19
to Android-x86
Hi All,

As we all know adbd can be used if android boots up successfully till home screen.
My question is whether we can use adb if for obvious reasons the booting is stuck at bootloop/animation?

Lets say we have 2 scenarios & Serial port support is not there for an X86 platform:

1. Boot stuck due to surface flinger issue:
Can we connect and get logcat using adb in this case?

2. Boot stuck due to some issue other than surface flinger & Zygote is killed and restarted in loop
Can we connect and get logcat using adb in this case?

If we can't use adb in such cases please let me know some other ideas of getting log when android is in bootloop.

Regards,
Shyam

spin877

Jan 10, 2019, 9:58:58 AM1/10/19