Newbie Help - How Do I Add a Driver?

Troy Nahrwold

Apr 6, 2019, 8:46:39 PM4/6/19
to Android-x86
I just installed Android-x86 on my Insignia 11" Flex NS-P11W7100. It's a convertable tablet/laptop. So far it seems to run fine, without any crashes. My only issue is that the touchscreen drivers aren't included in the kernel. I've checked the google user's group, and there are a couple of requests for this (https://groups.google.com/d/msg/android-x86/QLFFNbFcqU4/96-FLYyCAwAJ and https://groups.google.com/d/msg/android-x86/l4akkpg8Hpg/23pbNq3uAAAJ), including a link to the dropbox that seems to be the only place to get the windows drivers.

I've found a github that seems to have the android (or maybe linux?) version of the drivers, but I couldn't figure out how to get them installed on my system. The github project is located at https://github.com/onitake/gsl-firmware/tree/master/firmware/insignia/flex11 .

The instructions at the end of the page say to run:
"./fwtool -c firmware.fw -m 1680 -w 1920 -h 1620 -t 10 -f yflip,track silead_ts.fw"
"fwtool" is a program in the main branch of the project. So far I've downloaded both the fwtool program, and the firmware.fw file onto my system. the issue I'm having right now is that I can't get the "fwtool" program to run. I found out online that you can't run programs from anywhere on the sdcard tree, but the standard solution of /data/local/tmp isn't working either. Whenever i try to run the program from there, and chmod +x, sh says that it can't find the file. If I remove the execute bit, it finds the file, but says permission denied to execute. I've lost the thread on my searches. Google gives me no other suggestions that are relevent, so I'm turning to the community and devs for help.

So far, I've installed superSU and busybox, as well as my goto terminal emulator from Jack Palevich from Google Play. If anyone out there could help walk me through installing these drivers , I think it would help quite a few people out. This seems like the perfect tablet to convert into an Android device, if we can only get the basics working.
firmware.fw
fwtool

Chih-Wei Huang

Apr 8, 2019, 12:15:55 AM4/8/19
to Android-x86
I think that binary is not an Android executable.
You have several choices:

* Rebuild the binary with Android NDK.
* Rebuild the binary to be a static linked binary.
* Put all the shared libraries it needs to Android filesystem.
(you may need to chroot)

Troy Nahrwold <nahrwold...@gmail.com> 於 2019年4月7日 週日 上午8:46寫道:
> --

Chih-Wei