Screen size in Android 4.3 doesn't let all the app icons on that page show

Greg Flint

Dec 17, 2013, 1:44:02 AM12/17/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
It all works perfectly well, but I find that I need to partly scroll across a page in order to see the app icons at each side of a particular page.

I attach a screenshot of a page.

I've tried two methods:

1. vga=ask (in grub during Android boot); and

2. VirtualBox>Menu>View>Switch to Scale Mode.

Results:

1. vga=ask (in grub during Android boot)

The options that this gives include:
  • the standard vga settings
  • a vga setting with smaller numbers, which I didn't try but it doesn't sound right
  • a load of VESA settings, which seem to give lower resolution and coarser colours.

2. All this seems to do is make the VirtualBox menu, VirtualBox bottom bar and the pointer disappear. Luckily, I found that it can be toggled using Host+C. The actual view of the icons, the page and the window boundaries are not affected.
screenshot.png