Houdini 64 for android 9!!!

fguy

Oct 20, 2020, 7:35:48 AM10/20/20
to Android-x86
Google has released chromeos 85 for drallion devices with android 9 and kernel 4.19. For the first time, android includes support for translating the arm64 code based on houdini. I hope that they will work in our android assemblies.

Huy Minh Bui

Oct 20, 2020, 10:09:11 AM10/20/20
to Android-x86
It actually houdini rather than the new arm native bridge on Android 11 emulator ?

Well then I hope it can run apps without crashing, unlike what we have in 7.1.x
Vào lúc 18:35:48 UTC+7 ngày Thứ Ba, 20 tháng 10, 2020, fguy đã viết:

fguy

Oct 20, 2020, 10:32:00 AM10/20/20
to Android-x86
Yes, it's all the same houdini - houdini & houdini64 are in the bin folder, libhoudini.so and arm & arm64 folders are in the lib & lib64 folders, respectively. For NDK translation from android 11, other files are used for the SDK emulator - for example, ndk_translation_program_runner_binfmt_misc & ndk_translation_program_runner_binfmt_misc_arm64 are located in the bin folder.

DDS Central

Oct 20, 2020, 12:48:10 PM10/20/20
to Android-x86
Didn't know Intel was working on 64-bit ARM. This will surely be nice to have.

Jon West

Oct 20, 2020, 1:46:02 PM10/20/20
to Android-x86
I'll throw the houdini updates into a test build and see where it takes us. If it works out, I'll push the changes to Bliss' fork of vendor_google_chromeos-x86

Huy Minh Bui

Oct 20, 2020, 2:20:28 PM10/20/20
to Android-x86
Send me the test build when you are done. I have some arm64 only app here and wanna see how it perform.

Vào lúc 00:46:02 UTC+7 ngày Thứ Tư, 21 tháng 10, 2020, Jon West đã viết:

Jon West

Oct 20, 2020, 5:42:57 PM10/20/20
to Android-x86
It doesn't look like it will be an easy fix to get these working.
log.10.20.20.txt

Jon West

Oct 20, 2020, 6:47:09 PM10/20/20
to Android-x86

Here is the repo in case anyone has time to sift through the image and see if I missed anything

fguy

Oct 21, 2020, 4:18:04 AM10/21/20
to Android-x86
John, you haven't enabled ABI_64 support in your mk files.
I tested houdini64 on my intel celadon 9 build with 4.19 kernel. Arm64 apps work, but not all. Those that do not work, I could not start on the official android 11 emulator from the SDK - apparently this is a feature of these applications. I managed to launch the EQQO game - it worked on android 7. So, finally, I was able to watch Cubasis 3.1.2 - it does not start on android 7, but there are problems with sound - I have to set a maximum delay of 100 ms. OfficeSuite also works fine with arm64 libraries.

Jon West

Oct 21, 2020, 9:27:35 AM10/21/20
to Android-x86
Do you mean this?
NATIVE_BRIDGE_ABI_LIST_32_BIT := armeabi-v7a armeabi
NATIVE_BRIDGE_ABI_LIST_64_BIT := arm64-v8a

Or is there something else I am missing for it?

crw

Oct 21, 2020, 9:38:08 AM10/21/20
to Android-x86
In early android x86 nougat some arm64 apps crash. So same happens with chrome os houdini and Android studio? Android studio arm support is made by arm limited so it should work better.
Anyway I tried 64 bit gaming emulators they are the only way to run arm64 without crashing. I think they use qemu to emulate arm?

fguy

Oct 30, 2020, 6:57:48 AM10/30/20
to Android-x86
A new version of ChromeOS R86 is available. It contains a newer version of houdini 9.0.4_y [z] .50777 - R85 contains 9.0.3b_y [z] .50618. It is also compatible with current builds x86_64 9.0 r2. I have successfully integrated it into the android-x86_64-9.0-r2-k49.iso installed on VMware. For installation, you need to free up a little more than 200 MB in the system partition. In order not to make changes to the ramdisk, the libnb.so files must be replaced with symbolic links to libhoudini.so.

alexan...@att.net

Oct 30, 2020, 2:06:35 PM10/30/20
to Android-x86
Sorry where do i find the Chrome OS R86 iso Id like try it on my VM?

fguy

Oct 30, 2020, 2:29:10 PM10/30/20
to Android-x86
https://fydeos.com/download/

Mauro Rossi

Oct 31, 2020, 2:03:05 PM10/31/20
to Android-x86

On Friday, October 30, 2020 at 11:57:48 AM UTC+1, fguy wrote:
A new version of ChromeOS R86 is available. It contains a newer version of houdini 9.0.4_y [z] .50777 - R85 contains 9.0.3b_y [z] .50618. It is also compatible with current builds x86_64 9.0 r2. I have successfully integrated it into the android-x86_64-9.0-r2-k49.iso installed on VMware. For installation, you need to free up a little more than 200 MB in the system partition. In order not to make changes to the ramdisk, the libnb.so files must be replaced with symbolic links to libhoudini.so.

Hello fguy,

I have tried with attached preliminary *experimental* patch for device/generic/common of pie-x86
to re-enable 64k64u support now that 9_z binary translator available in ChromeOS and tried R86 too

I have found no reason to replace libnb.so with symbolic links to libhoudini.so, so I tried the scenario of keeping it and SkyForce Reloaded works

What problem did you encounter with libnb.so and what benefit gave the use of symbolic links to libhoudini.so ?

As a side topic, is there some hope that 9_z binary translator could work also for oreo-x86?

Mauro
0001-nativebridge-re-enable-64k64u-support.patch

fguy

Oct 31, 2020, 5:12:26 PM10/31/20
to Android-x86
I suggested using symbolic links not when building an android, but when integrating into an existing assembly android-x86_64-9.0-r2-k49.iso - replacing one line in the prop file in ramdisk.img will not be a very easy operation for many.

Jon West

Oct 31, 2020, 5:34:04 PM10/31/20
to Android-x86
You seem to have other changes that aren't part of pie-x86 branch in the nativebridge/bin/enable_nativebridge file. How are you testing these?

fguy

Nov 1, 2020, 4:31:30 AM11/1/20
to Android-x86
When building android 9 (x86 or celadon), I do houdini integration at the build stage, so I don't use the enable_nativebridge and libnb.so files at all and apply immediately
PRODUCT_DEFAULT_PROPERTY_OVERRIDES := ro.dalvik.vm.native.bridge=libhoudini.so

crw

Nov 1, 2020, 6:35:28 AM11/1/20
to Android-x86
That's fyde OS
What about these?
https://cros-updates-serving.appspot.com/

Jon West

Nov 1, 2020, 10:39:34 AM11/1/20
to Android-x86
This is exactly what I do as well. I'm hung up on getting armeabi-v7a and armeabi to work along side arm64-v8a though. So far, just arm64 works

fguy

Nov 1, 2020, 3:40:46 PM11/1/20
to Android-x86
What's the difference between arm64 and arm64-v8a? For houdini, this means the same thing. Or is it "translation difficulties" from Google?

Jon West

Nov 1, 2020, 6:28:38 PM11/1/20
to Android-x86
I was just using what the chromeos recovery had for abi's

Dr. Lawrence

Apr 14, 2021, 10:21:10 PM4/14/21
to Android-x86
Dear fguy,

Excuse me,
How can I get the arm64 code based houdini files?
Do I need to get a drallion? or where can I download the files?
many thanks

fguy 在 2020年10月20日 星期二下午7:35:48 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

fguy

Apr 15, 2021, 8:31:31 AM4/15/21
to Android-x86
ChromeOS images can be found on this page https://cros-updates-serving.appspot.com/. For android 9, now it is best to take an image for rammus 89 - it contains houdini for arm and arm64. Use 7zip to unpack https://github.com/mcmilk/7-Zip-zstd/releases

четверг, 15 апреля 2021 г. в 05:21:10 UTC+3, Dr. Lawrence: