Silent boot

Tomasz Witke

Nov 23, 2017, 4:49:09 AM11/23/17
to Android-x86
Mr. Chih-Wei Huang, can we make Android-x86 boot a little bit more silent? For this You should change kernel defconf:

CONFIG_X86_VERBOSE_BOOTUP=n

And add in isolunux conf for live boot cmd:

loglevel=0

This wont affect logcat.

Also maybe some change to isolunux background image? Pleas see attachment.

android-x86.png

Chih-Wei Huang

Nov 27, 2017, 9:43:48 PM11/27/17
to Android-x86
> Mr. Chih-Wei Huang, can we make Android-x86 boot a little bit more silent?
> For this You should change kernel defconf:
>
> CONFIG_X86_VERBOSE_BOOTUP=n

I didn't see a real difference on booting.
Anyway, I'll change that.
Thank you.

> And add in isolunux conf for live boot cmd:
>
> loglevel=0
>
> This wont affect logcat.
>
> Also maybe some change to isolunux background image? Pleas see attachment.

Let me try it. Thanks!

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Sadi Yumuşak

Jan 3, 2018, 7:26:42 PM1/3/18
to Android-x86
Hi,

Can we also do something about this after installation?
Can you suggest what should be changed in which file please?

Regards,

Sadi