RTL8192C support in Android-x86 4.4?

Ryan Martin

Feb 10, 2015, 6:32:18 PM2/10/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to add a WiFi device to my Android-x86 in VirtualBox 4.3.20 VM. I've passed the USB WiFi device through in the host configuration so that it should be fully controlled by the guest. It's being detected by the kernel, I see a number of messages in dmesg detecting  rtl8192cu, reading the MAC address, and loading the rtl_usb module and the rtlwifi firmware. Android detects that it has a WiFi device to use, but it never succeeds in detecting a SSID when scanning. Manually supplying a valid SSID doesn't work, either.

How can I go about debugging this?