Kernel parameters for booting 8.1-r1

C-Ren

Apr 7, 2019, 6:22:39 AM4/7/19
to Android-x86
Hi, new user here. I installed Android x86 a few days ago on the second partition on my primary storage device (/dev/sda2). I chose the option to boot into Android x86 straight after installing, and that worked, but I didn't choose to install GRUB (I wanted GRUB to be dependent on my main system, Arch Linux). Now I can't find any set of kernel parameters which will allow me to boot into Android x86 successfully from GRUB.

After some searching, here is what I have at the moment:

menuentry "Android x86" {
        set root='(hd0,2)'
        linux /android-8.1-r1/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode SRC=/android-8.1-r1
        initrd /android-8.1-r1/initrd.img
}

Upon booting, I am greeted with a message saying "Detecting Android x86... found at /dev/sda2" or something to that effect. Then my computer reboots.

I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me what I'm missing. Thanks.

C-Ren

Apr 7, 2019, 6:23:52 AM4/7/19
to Android-x86
 Addendum: I'm using version 8.1-r1 as I mentioned in the title.

techno kang

Apr 7, 2019, 7:33:10 PM4/7/19
to Android-x86
Where do you get that boot line from?
When you install 8.1-r1, it would create a custom.cfg in /boot/grub. The menu entry there may be sufficient for a boot-up. In my case, I have to append "nomodeset" to the boot line.

Chih-Wei Huang

Apr 8, 2019, 3:05:46 AM4/8/19
to Android-x86
Add androidboot.selinux=permissive