Problems with Android-x86 8.1 on ODYS Cosmo WIN X9

Jan Peters

Apr 25, 2019, 7:54:05 AM4/25/19
to Android-x86
Hello, I have some problems with Android x86 8.1 (32-Bit/UEFI) on my ODYS Cosmo Win X9. My Wi-Fi connection always breaks off after a few minutes, if I want to reconnect then, this does not work, after a restart of the tablet Wi-Fi then worked again for a few minutes. My Wi-Fi chip is the Realtek 8723BS SDIO with Bluetooth. My KIONIX KXTJ9 rotation sensor does not work, I am stuck in portrait mode. My Audio ES8316 does not work. Bluetooth works fundamentally but it does not find my Bluetooth 3.0 keyboard, my Microsoft Designer Mouse is recognized as normal. What can I do?

Jan Peters

Apr 25, 2019, 8:04:38 AM4/25/19
to Android-x86
Edit: Both Cameras (ov2680) and microSD-Card-Slot do not work either.

Jan Peters

Apr 25, 2019, 8:27:36 AM4/25/19
to Android-x86
SD card slot works but the SD card was formatted incorrectly. I just noticed that when I put the device in the standby flashes the backlight from the screen in 10 seconds clock. Attached are the logs.

Chih-Wei Huang

Apr 25, 2019, 11:09:23 PM4/25/19
to Android-x86
Please use the 64-bit version if your CPU is 64-bit
(no matter what your UEFI is).
The 32-bit version is less tested and may have more problems.

It's probably most of your peripherals are not well supported
by Linux kernel. You may also try a modern Linux distribution
like Ubuntu or Fedora. If a peripheral works well in Ubuntu but
not work in Android-x86, then we can discuss what to do next.

Jan Peters <cort...@outlook.com> 於 2019年4月25日 週四 下午8:27寫道:

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Jan Peters

Aug 18, 2019, 9:41:26 AM8/18/19
to Android-x86
Hello, on Fedora and Ubuntu the rotation sensor works, there are even official Android drivers (https://www.kionix.com/downloads).

Chih-Wei Huang

Aug 18, 2019, 10:30:07 PM8/18/19
to Android-x86
Jan Peters <cort...@outlook.com> 於 2019年8月18日 週日 下午9:41寫道:

> Hello, on Fedora and Ubuntu the rotation sensor works, there are even official Android drivers (https://www.kionix.com/downloads).

Then what is the output of the command?

getprop ro.hardware.sensors

If it's iio, you may try to set the quirks:

setprop ro.iio.accel.quirks no-trig
stop; start

You may search the forum for more details.
There are many discussions about sensors support.

Jan Peters

Aug 19, 2019, 5:20:38 AM8/19/19
to Android-x86
Hello, it's iio after entering the command, the rotation now works only in landscape mode in portrait mode, the rotation is the wrong way around, in landscape mode, however, everything is correct.

Chih-Wei Huang

Aug 20, 2019, 5:35:35 AM8/20/19
to Android-x86
Jan Peters <cort...@outlook.com> 於 2019年8月19日 週一 下午5:20寫道:

> Hello, it's iio after entering the command, the rotation now works only in landscape mode in portrait mode, the rotation is the wrong way around, in landscape mode, however, everything is correct.

Then you need to set the property ro.iio.accel.order
or/and ro.iio.accel.x.opt_scale, etc to correct it.
Search the forum for more discussion.