Audio HALs from Project Celadon

Huy Minh Bui

Aug 14, 2021, 2:52:10 PM8/14/21
to Android-x86
I just saw this repo on Proect Celadon's github

This one is new for me, especially the HDMI. I noticed that compare to the one Android-x86 is using, there are some noticable changes like
- DEFAULT_DEVICE is set to 3 instead of 0, there's also a seprate one for Elkhart Lake CPUs which set to 7 is you set property ro.vendor.hdmi.audio=ehl
- There's also a switch between Multichannel and Two-channel (vendor.audio.hdmi_multichannel set to 6 or 2) maybe this is just for showing information.

Hope this is helpful.

Huy Minh Bùi (HMTheBoy154)

Mar 12, 2023, 4:48:13 AM3/12/23
to Android-x86
I decided to straight up switching to Celadon's HAL and see if it's work good and so far everything is fine. I tested the primary HAL and USB HAL (using my FiiO BTR3K, both in USB & Bluetooth) and they are working pretty good. I can't be able to test HDMI audio yet but I'll show how can I be able to use it here.
This is currently for s-x86, I'll figure out other version later.

and finally, the HAL itself. I just simply rename it to *.x86 instead of setting TARGET_BOARD_PLATFORM like Celadon did : https://github.com/supremegamers/hardware_intel_audio

Vào lúc 01:52:10 UTC+7 ngày Chủ Nhật, 15 tháng 8, 2021, Huy Minh Bùi đã viết: