HP Stream 8 - GUI not loading

Jonatan Gefen

Feb 16, 2015, 9:38:19 AM2/16/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have tried 4.4-r1 4.4-r2 and 4.4-RC2 live boot (from uefi), and all of them are booting till a point of ANDROID command line, and after a few seconds the screen becomes black, hitting the keyboard is waking the command line again for a few seconds.
I have also tried the vesa mode with no success.

Anyone have an idea?

Jonatan Gefen

Feb 18, 2015, 4:07:05 AM2/18/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
ok i have tried it with lollipop 5.0.1 and it works, the touch is not working tho..

Myung-chi Kim

Feb 25, 2015, 5:19:09 AM2/25/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I have tried to install android x86 on HP Stream 8 with Windows 8.1 with Bing. But I failed to install several times. Installation isn't process in GRUB installation step. I guess it is problem with UEFI/GPT partition.
So, I found guide as below URL. I plan to follow up this guide to install it.
"https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/android-x86/D85Jq02cLrE/RhTWtOjH3H0J"

By the way, does android x86 support HP steam 8 ?