simulating a desktop PC ?

Episteme PROMENEUR

Jun 27, 2022, 8:02:04 AM6/27/22
to Android-x86
openSUSE Tumbleweed
android-x86 7.1-r5

I want to install WhatsApp in android-x86 7.1-r5.
If I do that, then WhatsApp in my smartphone is disconnected.

I assume that WhatsApp thinks android-x86 is a phone.

How to do for WhatsApp thinking android-x86 is a desktop PC ?

Are there any settings for this ?

Thanks

Antony Stone

Jun 27, 2022, 8:08:22 AM6/27/22
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Monday 27 June 2022 at 14:02:04, Episteme PROMENEUR wrote:

> I assume that WhatsApp thinks android-x86 is a phone.

I think it thinks it's an Android device (could be a phone, could be a
tablet).

> How to do for WhatsApp thinking android-x86 is a desktop PC ?

I somehow doubt that that is possible, because no desktop PC runs Android.

Antony.

--
Neurotics build castles in the sky;
Psychotics live in them;

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

İlhan Atahan

Jun 27, 2022, 12:12:31 PM6/27/22
to Android-x86
Whatever i said on previous topic also apply here.
(For your information, the whatsapp app on windows is based on Whatsapp web)