Use Kernel 3.0.36 Instead of 4.0.9 & process to download

Maree

Apr 4, 2016, 4:56:22 PM4/4/16
to Android-x86
For experimental trials can I insert Kernel 3.0.36 into KitKat 4.4? Instead of using its kernel 4.0.9?

If so, how can I download Kernel 3.0.36?  I can't seem to find that on the website (hopefully I looked good :/ )

thank you lads,
-Mario

Maree

Apr 4, 2016, 10:51:13 PM4/4/16
to Android-x86
Just to eloborate. The Reason I was asking is because I know the older Version of KitKat supported Kernel 3.0.36 so I was just wondering if any problems will happen when I insert it and WHERE I can download it from :)

Maree

Apr 5, 2016, 10:00:40 PM4/5/16
to Android-x86
How do you download the old kitkat with the old kernel from the repository? Cause when I run those commands I just get the latest version 4.4 of Kitkat and Kernel 4.0.9

Hypo Turtle

Apr 6, 2016, 6:25:33 AM4/6/16
to Android-x86
If rhe kernel is still supported with JK, then change the branch in the manifest:
https://sourceforge.net/p/android-x86/manifest/ci/android-x86-4.4-r5/tree/default.xml

from kernel-4.0 to a branch from here:
https://sourceforge.net/p/android-x86/kernel/ci/android-3.10/tree/

Or make a local_manifest.xml

Chih-Wei Huang

Apr 6, 2016, 11:15:07 AM4/6/16
to Android-x86
> How do you download the old kitkat with the old kernel from the repository?
> Cause when I run those commands I just get the latest version 4.4 of Kitkat
> and Kernel 4.0.9

You can get any branch by git fetch, say

cd kernel
git fetch x86 android-3.0.x
git checkout x86/android-3.0.x

Read a git tutorial if you need more explanation.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project