where Should I copy/paste new kernel in android directories?

Hessam Mohammadi

Jun 21, 2020, 11:59:56 PM6/21/20
to Android-x86
hi,
i am building new kernel to make cGroup enable. i used the GUI and got the new .config. so now i don't know where should move this folder? this was my compile command, is it enough? make -C kernel O=/work/config/.config xconfig.
i mean if i just copy paste the .config into android and reboot, will new kernel be applied to android?
Thanks , i really need your answer and help

Chih-Wei Huang

Jun 22, 2020, 12:20:37 AM6/22/20
to Android-x86
Hessam Mohammadi <hm...@njit.edu> 於 2020年6月22日 週一 下午12:00寫道:
> i am building new kernel to make cGroup enable. i used the GUI and got the new .config. so now i don't know where should move this folder? this was my compile command, is it enough? make -C kernel O=/work/config/.config xconfig.
> i mean if i just copy paste the .config into android and reboot, will new kernel be applied to android?

No. You need to rebuild the kernel, and replace the
kernel image and modules. Please read

https://www.android-x86.org/documentation/customize_kernel.html

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Hessam Mohammadi

Jun 22, 2020, 12:38:12 AM6/22/20
to Android-x86
Thanks, actually i have read it but i am confused. "The generated config is $OUT/obj/kernel/.config. Copy it to where you want it to be." and it says:  "prebuilt kernel". i dont have any prebuilt kernel. i used that GUI and got new ".config". is it right until this point? So next I used this command to compile it: make kernel -j4.
but i have an error after a few minutes.  i also reed this link : https://arachnoid.com/android/Android-x86/index.html
thanks for your help