Lollipop (5.0 & 5.0.2_r1) 972 error play store, no app installing.

Nicola Pietragalla

Dec 24, 2014, 4:18:42 AM12/24/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Good Morning guys (at least is morning in Italy, where i'm from)
probably this question has been answered other times, i didn't find nothing related, so i'm asking to you
how to get rid of this problem?

I've installed lollipop usual way on a fresh, gparted created, ext3 partition with read write permissions
and like the FB page related to this project have suggested, i've searched a guide to insert gapps from a flashable zip to my lollipop installation,
done before the first configuration just copiyng related /system directories inside the installed androidx86 /system directory
(all, libs included), so far seems all is going good, only "problems" were Google plus always popup annoying that is not working and needs
to be updated (how i can delete it? what's he apk name of google +? i can't find it and for me is useless)
a bit o maps force closing (but i can't update due to the 972 problem, so i can't say if it's due to an old apk version)
And when i login with my google account, on my Asus X101H everything is going fine and is smooth and fast,
on my Sony Vaio VPCEC3M1E is sluggish and notify me about a Play Services force close
(so i've logged in on the Asus and done the remaining on Vaio)

On my experience everything is working really good, the 5.0.2 build fixed the bluetooth problem that now is working like a charm
only leaking of functionality is the camera that FC on opening, but i think that i can stay a bit without it ;)

So, how can i fix this 972 problem and apk installation problem, that always failing, on my Androidx86?

P.S. Sorry ofr my bad english, i'm a bit rusty at it.

midi jari

Dec 24, 2014, 7:03:53 PM12/24/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to inform you that, we all have that issue and it's probably not going to be fixed until someone finds out what's wrong :/

Miker1029

Dec 24, 2014, 7:22:52 PM12/24/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Geek Till It Hertz

Dec 25, 2014, 8:21:55 AM12/25/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
same error the link didnt help

Nicola Pietragalla

Dec 26, 2014, 11:56:28 AM12/26/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
i'll give it a try but i trust Geek Till It Hertz experience, it's really annoying, without this silly error it will be quietly daily usable...

Miker1029

Dec 27, 2014, 11:37:33 PM12/27/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to Hear, Worked for Me on The Original ALPHA Lollipop,  Install Alongside MINT 17,  Still Get a Google Services FC Though, Really Haven't messed with it since, Still Running 4.4RC2 On Own Partition....

Mike

Davuthan YAMAN

Jan 1, 2015, 3:23:49 PM1/1/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
A man at youtube made an iso with google apps i am not try but smells fake? Because video has not any google apps

this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG1_2MDYMtk

Cornel Ungureanu

Jan 3, 2015, 1:56:14 PM1/3/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
D/Finsky  ( 3609): [1] DownloadBroadcastReceiver.onReceive: Intent received at DownloadBroadcastReceiver
D/Finsky  ( 3609): [1] DownloadQueueImpl.notifyProgress: com.google.android.apps.docs: onProgress 8305539/8305539 Status: 200.
D/Finsky  ( 3609): [1] DownloadImpl.setState: com.google.android.apps.docs from DOWNLOADING to SUCCESS.
D/Finsky  ( 3609): [1] DownloadQueueImpl.onComplete: com.google.android.apps.docs: onComplete
D/Finsky  ( 3609): [1] DownloadQueueImpl.remove: Download com.google.android.apps.docs removed from DownloadQueue
I/installd( 1681): free_cache(0) avail 5865816064
D/Finsky  ( 3609): [1] InstallerTask.startInstallingGzippedApk: Prepare to unzip com.google.android.apps.docs from content://downloads/my_downloads/21
D/Finsky  ( 3609): [1] 9.onPostExecute: Successfully unpacked gzipped APK to update com.google.android.apps.docs
E/Finsky  ( 3609): [1] 1.onPostExecute: Exception while streaming com.google.android.apps.docs: 972
E/Finsky  ( 3609): java.io.IOException: posix_fallocate failed: ENOTSUP (Operation not supported on transport endpoint)
E/Finsky  ( 3609): at android.util.ExceptionUtils.maybeUnwrapIOException(ExceptionUtils.java:39)
E/Finsky  ( 3609): at android.content.pm.PackageInstaller$Session.openWrite(PackageInstaller.java:732)
E/Finsky  ( 3609): at com.google.android.finsky.installer.PackageInstallerImpl$1.doInBackground(PackageInstallerImpl.java:340)
E/Finsky  ( 3609): at com.google.android.finsky.installer.PackageInstallerImpl$1.doInBackground(PackageInstallerImpl.java:316)
E/Finsky  ( 3609): at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:288)
E/Finsky  ( 3609): at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:237)
E/Finsky  ( 3609): at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1112)
E/Finsky  ( 3609): at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:587)
E/Finsky  ( 3609): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)
W/Finsky  ( 3609): [1] 4.installFailed: Install failure of com.google.android.apps.docs: 972 IOException
D/Finsky  ( 3609): [1] InstallerTask.cancelCleanup: Cancel running installation of com.google.android.apps.docs
D/Finsky  ( 3609): [1] PackageInstallerImpl.cancelSession: Canceling session 1886048829 for com.google.android.apps.docs
E/Vold    ( 1796): Failed to find mounted volume for /storage/usb0/Android/data/com.android.vending/files/
W/Vold    ( 1796): Returning OperationFailed - no handler for errno 0
W/ContextImpl( 3609): Failed to ensure directory: /storage/usb0/Android/data/com.android.vending/files
E/Vold    ( 1796): Failed to find mounted volume for /storage/usb1/Android/data/com.android.vending/files/
W/Vold    ( 1796): Returning OperationFailed - no handler for errno 0
W/ContextImpl( 3609): Failed to ensure directory: /storage/usb1/Android/data/com.android.vending/files
E/Vold    ( 1796): Failed to find mounted volume for /storage/usb2/Android/data/com.android.vending/files/
W/Vold    ( 1796): Returning OperationFailed - no handler for errno 0
W/ContextImpl( 3609): Failed to ensure directory: /storage/usb2/Android/data/com.android.vending/files
E/Vold    ( 1796): Failed to find mounted volume for /storage/usb3/Android/data/com.android.vending/files/
W/Vold    ( 1796): Returning OperationFailed - no handler for errno 0
W/ContextImpl( 3609): Failed to ensure directory: /storage/usb3/Android/data/com.android.vending/files
E/Vold    ( 1796): Failed to find mounted volume for /storage/sdcard1/Android/data/com.android.vending/files/
W/Vold    ( 1796): Returning OperationFailed - no handler for errno 0
W/ContextImpl( 3609): Failed to ensure directory: /storage/sdcard1/Android/data/com.android.vending/files

I looked up a litlle in logs and got something(at least errors),
so here is the log I get when trying to update Google Drive (docs).

cheatman

Jan 3, 2015, 1:58:34 PM1/3/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
To get around the google play services 972 error, you must use ext4 for the data.img file to store user data. This is a file system limitation (posix_fallocate) and is unrelated to dual-booting (that doesn't even make sense, how can dual booting prevent files from being allocated on a block device?).

Cheers,
C.

George Turner

Jan 3, 2015, 4:15:39 PM1/3/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
When I first discovered that installing along side Linux fixed the problem it was obvious to me that the two things that would be different were grub2 and ext4. Of course, the act of dual booting was not what fixed it. Had to be one of the two.

Nicola Pietragalla

Jan 4, 2015, 9:30:38 AM1/4/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Excuse me, probably it's a poor english understanding of mine, but how to do this?
If i use Linux Mint by creating two partitions, Android-x86 (ext4) installing Android x-86 with R/W permission inside and a secondary Partition (fat32) named SDCARD it will work?
i have only to install Android X86 on a Ext4 partition and not an Ext3 partition and the problem will solve itself?

Geek Till It Hertz

Jan 4, 2015, 4:19:47 PM1/4/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
i am that guy and it is my video
the video is on 5.0.0 without gapps
if you follow the comments i keep the download updated with newer builds hence the latest one is with gapps

cheatman

Jan 4, 2015, 4:30:56 PM1/4/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
You either create a file data.img of your chosen size and create an ext4 filesystem inside it (format the file) or install Android x86 to an ext4 partition and just create a data folder in the root of the Android x86 installation path.

Nicola Pietragalla

Jan 4, 2015, 4:32:50 PM1/4/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com

very well, i'll try in the next hours, thank you very much!

George Turner

Jan 5, 2015, 11:06:34 AM1/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Just tried it and works great. Thanks. Created data.img like this:

dd if=/dev/zero of=data.img bs=1M count=2047
mkfs.ext4 data.img

Nicola Pietragalla

Jan 5, 2015, 12:15:56 PM1/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Tried yesterday evening and nothing good, i have always a grub error, installed linux mint 16 xfce on ext4 partition, after this i've installed 5.0.2_r1 iso without installing grub (or it will overwrite linux mint grub)
and edited two grub files in /etc, like your suggestions in the other thread, (modding the sdb partition for sdcard and the directory name containing the /system partition) and always boot with B/W "grub Rescue>" command line screen, a bit frustrated...

probably i'm not a pc genius but i've always played with multiboot of O.S.es, it's really strange...
I prefer the R/W installation with uncompressed partitons
Hoping that this crazy problem will be resolved in future isos with an integrated ext4 for formatter and better grub integration.
if you have any suggestion or an helping point to point guide it will be really appreciated

George Turner

Jan 5, 2015, 12:24:00 PM1/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Does Mint 16 still boot? Do you get any kind of grub menu? I'm not sure what this means, I'm no grub expert:

(modding the sdb partition for sdcard and the directory name containing the /system partition) and always boot with B/W "grub Rescue>"

What does your 40_custom look like?

George Turner

Jan 5, 2015, 1:29:30 PM1/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Couple of mistakes that I sometimes make are:

set root=='(hd0,1)'

is only correct if you installed android to the same partition as Mint 16 and it is partition 1. Also, 40_custom needs to be protected to 755.

Luigi Capriotti

Jan 7, 2015, 2:54:07 AM1/7/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Your image works quite fine on my all-intel lenovo laptop, congrats.
Only issue is youtube rendering garbled videos (both in the app and via browser) and maps crashing.
I installed onto an ext3 a R/W system partition and used a second ext4 partition as data (DATA=/dev/sda2).

Luigi Capriotti

Jan 7, 2015, 4:01:27 AM1/7/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
update: maps works after a "forced" update (search for the app in google play, click on update).
google apps does not appear automatically in play as installed application hence they do not update automatically.

Geek Till It Hertz

Jan 8, 2015, 5:26:04 AM1/8/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I am also having trouble with YouTube.
Maps crashes only one at startup but yhen works fine.

Oussama Lahmidi

Jan 8, 2015, 2:37:46 PM1/8/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody :)
Today I installed Mobogenie apk file from official website, and now i'm able to download some apps. But the problem is a lot of apps are not compatible with it (Facebook-Inbox-Chrome...)

Le jeudi 8 janvier 2015, Geek Till It Hertz <sahaj...@gmail.com> a écrit :
I am also having trouble with YouTube.
Maps crashes only one at startup but yhen works fine.

Message has been deleted

Nicola Pietragalla

Jan 8, 2015, 6:02:17 PM1/8/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Solved like Luigi Capriotti did, i've found it a pretty simple way, just done 3 different partition with gparted,
ANDROIDX86 in Ext3, DATA in Ext4 and SDCARD in Fat32, installed in Ext3 Partition, letting it create Grub and R/W permissions
given the correct arguments inside .lst grub's file (DATA=/dev/sdb2 and SDCARD=/dev/sdb3)
And everything is booting fine, updated and installed some apps
no more 972 errors...
I think that for now this is the simplest, fastest and cleanest way to do things without messing around with other installation
and crazy editing of files around system directories.

George Turner

Jan 8, 2015, 6:09:59 PM1/8/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
It isn't crazy if Linux is your main OS and you want to add android-x86 as another OS to boot. But if you are installing android-x86 all by itself then just getting DATA on ext4 like you did is the way to go.

George Turner

Jan 8, 2015, 7:38:44 PM1/8/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Here are my partitions for a triple boot system (Win 10, Linux Lite, and android-x86):

   Device Boot      Start            End                      Blocks   Id  System
/dev/sda1   *             2048      718847             358400    7  HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
/dev/sda2              718848   113358847    56320000    7  HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
/dev/sda3       113360894   234440703    60539905    5  Extended
/dev/sda5       113360896   119218175     2928640   82  Linux swap / Solaris
/dev/sda6       119220224   234440703    57610240   83  Linux

There are no partitions for android because it is installed to a perfectly good existing ext4 partition, /dev/sda6. New versions of android can also be installed with no new partitions. No gparted, no formatting, no grub install. Just one system file needs to be changed, /etc/grub.d/40_custom.

Makes no sense to me to have a non removable FAT32 sdcard partition when you can just use a removable USB stick. SDCARD=/dev/sdb1 on this system.

Nicola Pietragalla

Jan 9, 2015, 4:12:17 AM1/9/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Certainly for a multiboot system it's an "only way" road to drive on, at least for any Android x86 distribution, since the 2.2 release that i've used so far i've always tried to keep separating my multiboot systems and Android x86, principally because i use Ax86 for testing or fun on eeepcs, for portability and testing purposes i've always installed it on an external Micro SD card, bootable on eeepcs from internal card reader and from other pcs with usb/microsd dongles, so indeed i've always performed a clean installation on a "drive" like it will be the only system running, but i'm planning when Lollipop will be stable and (hoping) Xposed supported to do a definitive multiboot system with: Windows 10 + Windows XP + Linux Mint + Androidx86 5.x and i will follow your guide ;)

My "crazy" adjective was referred for trying to install 5.0.2, actually and totally, into an Ext4 partition with a clean install, thing that force to do a multiboot system that in my case
failed to work (probably my fault), only for a thought of "carefree mind" installation management, like Android x86 always been, at least for me
now it seems that things are a little complicating, not saying this for my laziness because we're in a thread of developers and extremely competent people
and there will be always to fiddle with things to make they work at 100%, just for a generic thinking.
I apologize for the extra frills, and I hope that I will be understanded :)

Nicola Pietragalla

Jan 9, 2015, 4:16:02 AM1/9/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
for the SDCARD, i've always used it because it's easy to manage with a linux distribution, letting you know that there will be an auto mounted space to fill with things
that you will test when you boot AX86, and will be automounted on Android too and doesn't require an extra usb dongle to play with, just my opinion,
at least every solution is a good solution.

geo....@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2015, 4:25:57 AM1/9/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I like to start out with a simple install to a flash drive and that hasn't worked out too good with lollipop so far. At least now we have several ways around the 972 problem.

Oussama Lahmidi

Jan 9, 2015, 10:45:18 AM1/9/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Just tried and worked great. Thanks guys :D

Aung Thu Htun

Jan 18, 2015, 9:22:44 PM1/18/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gorge,
Can you describe a little how to change data.img into ext4?
It is done to be able to install apps, right?
I've installed 5.0.2 64-bit in my lenovo s10-3 netbook in the same partition of preinstalled linux (Pinguy OS).

Aung Thu Htun

Jan 18, 2015, 9:35:44 PM1/18/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi, can you give a quick tutorial on your first part? (How to create a file data.img of your chosen size and create an ext4 filesystem inside it )
thanks,

George Turner

Jan 19, 2015, 10:01:04 AM1/19/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Doesn't Pinguy OS already use ext4?

Aung Thu Htun

Jan 19, 2015, 8:29:43 PM1/19/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Yes, my preinstalled Pinguy OS is in ext4 partition. Lollipop was put into that partition.
Windows7 is on the first primary partition.
Second primary partition is with Pinguy OS.
The rest partitions are logical partitions (& another OEM partition (Hidden) too).

aungthu tun

Jan 19, 2015, 9:48:45 PM1/19/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Yes' George, Pinguy OS already ext4, I've checked that.
When I choose to install some apps,
Google play pop up "your app will be installed to your device".

Dr. Aung Thu Htun
Lecturer
Unit of Paediatric Dentistry
School of Dental Sciences
Universiti Sains Malaysia
Kubang Kerian 16150
Kelantan, Malaysia
Tel: +6097671181

George Turner

Jan 19, 2015, 10:04:49 PM1/19/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
When I install to an existing Linux ext4 partition I'm done. The 972 error goes away. I don't have to mess with a data.img file. I suppose you could try creating an ext4 data.img file and add the following to your grub menu entry:

DATA=/path/data.img

where path is of your choosing. But like I said I never have to do this and I have never tried it.

aungthu tun

Jan 20, 2015, 4:19:05 PM1/20/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I can edit the grub.cfg in Linux,
I'm not sure where is the grub.cfg for lollipop.
I installed grub and it automatically list the windows7 in it.
Where can I edit that grub?
Please give a hint.

Dr. Aung Thu Htun
Lecturer
Unit of Paediatric Dentistry
School of Dental Sciences
Universiti Sains Malaysia
Kubang Kerian 16150
Kelantan, Malaysia
Tel: +6097671181

George Turner

Jan 20, 2015, 4:28:14 PM1/20/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
When I install android-x86 to an existing Linux partition I have to add a menu entry to /etc/grub.d/40_custom. But if you do know about this then I do not understand how you got android-x86 to boot in the first place. Sorry, I just am not familiar with the Linux that you use and I am uncertain as to how you have installed android-x86.

aungthu tun

Jan 20, 2015, 8:54:29 PM1/20/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
thanks for the comment, Gorge.
My netbook has preinstalled win7, linux(PinguyOS), winXP & another small Linux( QuickStart of Lenovo). Aha, so many OS, right?
Then I've tried several previous versions of Android x86  on this netbook, all versions (2.2, 4.0, 4.4 ...etc...) works well in live session, but never do well after installation.
Now for the lollipop, it is working well both in live and installed sessions, I'm pleased on this.
But the lollipop what I've now installed is 64-bit Android( test version), and google apps can not be installed properly.
So I'm thinking to change onto simple 32-bit Android x86 lollipop.
I'll let you know the updates.
thanks again.

Dr. Aung Thu Htun
Lecturer
Unit of Paediatric Dentistry
School of Dental Sciences
Universiti Sains Malaysia
Kubang Kerian 16150
Kelantan, Malaysia
Tel: +6097671181

Andrea Borgia

Feb 15, 2015, 9:14:23 AM2/15/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Il giorno sabato 3 gennaio 2015 19:58:34 UTC+1, cheatman ha scritto:
> To get around the google play services 972 error, you must use ext4 for the data.img file to store user data. This is a file system limitation (posix_fallocate) and is unrelated to dual-booting (that doesn't even make sense, how can dual booting prevent files from being allocated on a block device?).

I suppose this means that the fix may only be applied to a disk-based installation (as opposed to a live image), am I correct?

Thomas Hoberg

Feb 19, 2015, 6:15:09 PM2/19/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
As has been noted all around this thread Android likes /data to be ext4 or at least not to be ext2/3 (starting with LP?)

I also tried first doing a fresh install with ext3 and then simply mkfs -t ext4 over that and re-doing the install without formatting, but then GRUB had issues booting that.

The next thing I tried was to do an in-place upgrade of the ext2/3 FS to ext4 and that does work: I seems to leave whatever GRUB needs to boot alone, but changes enough of the FS so Android is happy and the play store works.

Basically you need to run

tune2fs -O extents,uninit_bg,dir_index,has_journal /dev/<device-name>

on a Linux host that has the command and your Android disk connected to it to do the conversion.

My HP notebook makes it extremely easy to replace disks just removing the bottom cover and I then attach that SSD via a USB3 cable to the Ubuntu VM I use to build Androids and do the command there.
Pop it right back into the notebook and behold the Play Store working as it should.

And since I like to hook it up to the Ubunto to inject any missing GAPPS, this becomes part of the workflow of installing a new system.

BTW: Installing an upgrade on top of such a converted ext2/3 using the installer without formatting didn't work for me, at least when I overwrite GRUB.

The Black Death

Feb 19, 2015, 6:29:35 PM2/19/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Pardon if I'm confused. Your not talking about an HDD install are you? Cause I just booted Linux formated ext4 put my grub links in. Installed and done...

And yes I didn't read the whole thread. As I said pardon 8-)

TBD

Thomas Hoberg

Feb 20, 2015, 2:41:07 PM2/20/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com

That's the beauty of, well not just Unix, I guess, that there is more than one solution and you can choose which one fits you best.
I just thought it cute that you could 'trick' Android into shutting up just by doing an in-place upgrade of the file system.
Of course it would have been truly brilliant if one could do it on an active file system and right inside Android, but..

In my case I just noticed that Android wouldn't boot with a previously formatted ext4 and didn't feel like investigating all that deeply.
Glad it only seems to be a matter of editing some GRUB config!

I've it's not already posted somewhere around here: Perhaps you'd like to describe your changes?

BlackDeath

Feb 20, 2015, 3:21:08 PM2/20/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
--
Oh Lord Is it Described, Didn't get that far without the help of ALOT of people here, But I'm under a new user name so Basically I can't say, In Short, Major Grub/Grub2 Issues, Totally Lost with BCD (Fried All My MBR's), Found win2grub, and went from there..

But ya, What you described sounds pretty cool!  Although lost sounds more of a Low Level process.. Which to me, Is always better 8-)

TBD

Craig Roy

Mar 1, 2015, 1:55:27 AM3/1/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I have been unable to install 5.0.2 Lolipop on anything but NTFS. All other partitions fail to load or install grub. I have read that installing on ext4 works, however, I want to bring up what I found on NTFS. On NTFS there is no app installer on the system, I am not sure if it is a problem with the iso, or just the fact that it NTFS. I am not so tech savvy that I could install the App Installer within the NTFS system. In order to test things out I made a test run with 4.4.4 which has improper sound drivers for my system, but it too only would install on NTFS. The system for 4.4.4 contained the App Manager and Play Store functioned properly. If anyone could give me an idea on what might be causing me to not be able to install on ext4 would be extremely helpful. Just a side note I have tried ext2 and ext3 as well as fat32.

TBD

Mar 1, 2015, 4:42:29 PM3/1/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On 3/1/2015 12:41 AM, Craig Roy wrote:
> I have been unable to install 5.0.2 Lolipop on anything but NTFS. All other partitions fail to load or install grub. I have read that installing on ext4 works, however, I want to bring up what I found on NTFS. On NTFS there is no app installer on the system, I am not sure if it is a problem with the iso, or just the fact that it NTFS. I am not so tech savvy that I could install the App Installer within the NTFS system. In order to test things out I made a test run with 4.4.4 which has improper sound drivers for my system, but it too only would install on NTFS. The system for 4.4.4 contained the App Manager and Play Store functioned properly. If anyone could give me an idea on what might be causing me to not be able to install on ext4 would be extremely helpful. Just a side note I have tried ext2 and ext3 as well as fat32.

Not sure on this (Not a Dev, But Avid Reader), But In the groups CW
Posted Something on the commands to get NTFS File System working, And
Another (Forget By Who, But gonna be the Next Method I try), Is Install
the File System on EXT4, Have Data on EXT2, and Storage on NTFS, Sounds
like the Most Universal and seeing as EXT2FSD (My Main EXT read/writer
in WIn 7) Doesn't read EXT4, Will Save me Booting Into Linux (Which
ain't so Bad, I get stuck there sometimes, and learn, LOL)

Hope it helps.

TBD

slashdevnull

Mar 14, 2015, 12:50:23 PM3/14/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Am Mittwoch, 24. Dezember 2014 10:18:42 UTC+1 schrieb Nicola Pietragalla:
> Good Morning guys (at least is morning in Italy, where i'm from)
> probably this question has been answered other times, i didn't find nothing related, so i'm asking to you
> how to get rid of this problem?
>
> I've installed lollipop usual way on a fresh, gparted created, ext3 partition with read write permissions
> and like the FB page related to this project have suggested, i've searched a guide to insert gapps from a flashable zip to my lollipop installation,
> done before the first configuration just copiyng related /system directories inside the installed androidx86 /system directory
> (all, libs included), so far seems all is going good, only "problems" were Google plus always popup annoying that is not working and needs
> to be updated (how i can delete it? what's he apk name of google +? i can't find it and for me is useless)
> a bit o maps force closing (but i can't update due to the 972 problem, so i can't say if it's due to an old apk version)
> And when i login with my google account, on my Asus X101H everything is going fine and is smooth and fast,
> on my Sony Vaio VPCEC3M1E is sluggish and notify me about a Play Services force close
> (so i've logged in on the Asus and done the remaining on Vaio)
>
> On my experience everything is working really good, the 5.0.2 build fixed the bluetooth problem that now is working like a charm
> only leaking of functionality is the camera that FC on opening, but i think that i can stay a bit without it ;)
>
> So, how can i fix this 972 problem and apk installation problem, that always failing, on my Androidx86?
>
> P.S. Sorry ofr my bad english, i'm a bit rusty at it.

Hi,

I installed the 5.0.2-image on my surface pro3, working fine including wifi,b ut when I start play store it keeps complaining about problems communicating with the google-servers->"try again later"->later:same problem.

Can anyone help, please? :)

Mario Holzinger

Mar 14, 2015, 12:53:12 PM3/14/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
use a EXT4 partition not EXT3

slashdevnull

Mar 14, 2015, 12:58:40 PM3/14/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, March 14, 2015 at 5:53:12 PM UTC+1, Mario Holzinger wrote:
use a EXT4 partition not EXT3

I did...it's on an ext4 partition.
/Android/data/ is also populated (browser, camera2, filemanager)

TBD

Mar 14, 2015, 3:01:32 PM3/14/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com

slashdevnull

Mar 15, 2015, 11:04:17 AM3/15/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
This morning playstore was working without changing anything...I really don't know. But the wifi driver really IS buggy, got  mwifiex_pcie working like a charm in Arch linux (kernel 3.18.6-1-ARCH).Sometimes wifi just disconnects without any reason,sometimes it is really slow.

TBD

Mar 19, 2015, 5:19:21 PM3/19/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On 3/14/2015 8:41 AM, slashdevnull wrote:
Format EXT4, And Update the apps, Crashes Stop.

TBD

TBD

Mar 19, 2015, 6:17:51 PM3/19/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com