Couldn't get ip address with virtio driver on kvm

Philip Z

Jul 3, 2017, 2:00:03 AM7/3/17
to Android-x86
I tried to run the most recent official android-x86 with virtio driver on kvm, but it couldn't get the ip address. I ran in the debug mode and dhcp timedout. Here are the screen shots of the outputs:

I think the version has the virtio drivers.

I ran qemu with the following command:
# qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -m 4G -hda naugat-pre.img -vga std -netdev type=tap,script=no,id=net0 -device virtio-net-pci,netdev=net0

If I ran without virtio driver, it can get ip address successfully, like
# qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -m 4G -hda naugat-pre.img -vga std -netdev

Any idea how I can debug this problem? Or any steps or configs that I'm missing?

Thanks!

Philip

Philip Z

Jul 4, 2017, 1:42:13 PM7/4/17
to Android-x86
Bump

Antony Stone

Jul 4, 2017, 1:49:18 PM7/4/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Monday 03 July 2017 at 08:00:02, Philip Z wrote:

> I tried to run the most recent official android-x86 with virtio driver on
> kvm, but it couldn't get the ip address.

> I ran qemu with the following command:
> # qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -m 4G -hda naugat-pre.img -vga std -netdev
> type=tap,script=no,id=net0 -device virtio-net-pci,netdev=net0
>
> If I ran without virtio driver, it can get ip address successfully, like
> # qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -m 4G -hda naugat-pre.img -vga std -netdev

So why not just run it without the virtio driver?

Antony.

--
If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it,
we'd be so simple that we couldn't.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Philip Z

Jul 4, 2017, 2:20:45 PM7/4/17
to Android-x86
I'm trying to run it on a cloud platform, which uses virtio.
Is there anyway I can get around this?
Is virtio supported? Thanks!

Chih-Wei Huang

Jul 4, 2017, 10:25:14 PM7/4/17
to Android-x86
I use these options:

-netdev user,id=net0 -device virtio-net-pci,netdev=net0

No problem to get IP.

Philip Z

Jul 4, 2017, 10:49:31 PM7/4/17
to Android-x86
Thanks, Chih-Wei!
That works on my own system. However, it still doesn't work to let android-x86 get its IP address on Aliyun. Do you have any idea how to get around this? Let me know if you need more details.

Thanks,

Philip