Changing BT Coexistence in Android 9R2

BrokenE39

Jun 28, 2020, 11:06:57 PM6/28/20
to Android-x86
I'm still getting some Wifi disconnection issue when BT is active. While searching around the net, I came across this suggestion to disable BT Coexistence. However, the way to disable it in Linux doesn't apply to Android X86 since I couldn't find the
iwlwifi.conf file under modprobe. I know there's an option in the RTL8723BS's makefile but that involves rebuilding the kernel which takes about 3 to 4 hours. Is there a way to disable BT Coexistence some other way without re-compiling the driver?

Chih-Wei Huang

Jul 2, 2020, 10:28:55 AM7/2/20
to Android-x86
BrokenE39 <dwt.c...@gmail.com> 於 2020年6月29日 週一 上午11:07寫道:

> I'm still getting some Wifi disconnection issue when BT is active. While searching around the net, I came across this suggestion to disable BT Coexistence. However, the way to disable it in Linux doesn't apply to Android X86 since I couldn't find the
> iwlwifi.conf file under modprobe. I know there's an option in the RTL8723BS's makefile but that involves rebuilding the kernel which takes about 3 to 4 hours. Is there a way to disable BT Coexistence some other way without re-compiling the driver?

You meant it needs some options when loading the wifi driver?
How about manually add it to /etc/init.sh?

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Daniel Cheung

Jul 2, 2020, 12:07:46 PM7/2/20
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure if it can be set via init.sh. I see a flag in the Makefile for the driver source files. From my searches online, I can't find any references about it. I'll do another round of research this weekend.

Daniel Cheung

Jul 6, 2020, 1:14:28 PM7/6/20
to andro...@googlegroups.com
OK, I figured it out. It's a problem with not understanding how Linux works. Here's the solution to my problem:
  • In Terminal, run "modinfo 8723bs" to list the parameters available. 8723bs is the ko file name which is the result of building youling's drivers.
  • Figure out which parameter is the one referring to bt coexistence
  • In Terminal, run "modprobe 8723bs <parameter name>=<parameter value>"
I can probably add the modprobe command to init.sh. However, the problem is that disabling bt coexistence in my case didn't increase performance to Bluetooth. I'm still getting video and audio desync and audio popping sounds. So for now, I'll use a 3.5mm BT adapter. I may even do a hardware mod to the tablet to add another USB port.