Samsung Galaxy Book 10.6 - Stuck Language Screen, Stuck Horizontal

Nest

Jul 27, 2017, 5:04:26 PM7/27/17
to Android-x86
Hi everyone,

I installed android-x86_64-6.0-r3 on an ext4 partition on my Samsung Galaxy Book 10.6. It boots fine and passes the Android logo but cannot go past the 'Language' option (after selecting a language it goes back to the Android logo).

After fiddling with this, I could never get it past this option so I installed it on Linux ($ sudo alien -ci android-x86-6.0-r3.x86_64.rpm) and ran it in a virtual machine ($ sudo qemu-android). This displayed horizontally and I was able to pass the 'Language' option and get to the main interface. Also, after getting passed the 'Language' option in the virtual machine, I was able to boot Android through grub and proceed to the functional Android interface because I had bypassed the 'Language' screen on my virtual machine, but the interface is still stuck on horizontal mode.

So my question is how do I boot in a horizontal screen? I would like to run Android on separate partition but cannot because I need to run it on the linux virtual machine to get past the 'Language' menu. Also, I noticed what I ran debug that my machine is recognized as a 'Dell Venue 11 Pro Tablet [VGBI]' so I do not know if that is part of the problem (I am running this on a Samsung Galaxy Book 10.6). Thanks for your help!

Nesto Lujan

Jul 29, 2017, 6:10:33 PM7/29/17
to Android-x86
Test in Nougat today and there was success!  I was able to get to the main Android interface.

There still is a problem though with the screen:
   1) It is stuck in vertical along the horizontal axis
   2) Not able to change the orientation by tilting the screen
   3) The touch is inverted so that touching the top of the screen results in actions on the bottom of the screen