Android-x86 4.4-r1 with newer kernel and Mesa or xorg?

Mashnoon Ibtesum

Aug 14, 2014, 2:28:28 PM8/14/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Can anyone build for me or atleast help me to build 4.4-r1 with some newer kernel (I know for a fact that this build worked on mines ~ http://postimg.org/image/5kcehx2o9/full/ ) I manage to boot my system up with the build on the website but then the screen starts glitching after a while and stops responding. My hardwere - AMD A8 APU and 6gig ram

Antony Stone

Aug 14, 2014, 2:36:04 PM8/14/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday 14 August 2014 at 20:28:28 (EU time), Mashnoon Ibtesum wrote:

> Can anyone build for me or atleast help me to build 4.4-r1 with some newer
> kernel (I know for a fact that this build worked on mines
> ~ http://postimg.org/image/5kcehx2o9/full/ )

Um, if it works with that kernel, why not use it? Why do you need something
different?

> I manage to boot my system up with the build on the website but then the
> screen starts glitching after a while and stops responding. My hardwere -
> AMD A8 APU and 6gig ram

I think the GPU is probably more important to know, given the symptoms you've
described.

Have you tried all of:

- Android-x86 4.4-RC1
- Android-x86 4.4-RC2
- Android-x86 4.4-r1

Some people have reported differences, especially between RC2 and r1.

Regards,

Antony.

--
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Mashnoon Ibtesum

Aug 14, 2014, 2:47:35 PM8/14/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com, antony...@android.open.source.it

Um, if it works with that kernel, why not use it?  Why do you need something
different?

Well newer kernel = more hardware support. Isn't it like that ? My linux distro runs flawlessly on 3.14 kernel :P I was suggesting that on this premise :P

I think the GPU is probably more important to know, given the symptoms you've
described.

Have you tried all of:

        - Android-x86 4.4-RC1
        - Android-x86 4.4-RC2
        - Android-x86 4.4-r1

Some people have reported differences, especially between RC2 and r1.

Yep! I tried all of them. All that work was this ISO with newer mesa (10.1.1) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxO6THtB865fWEJYZWZZTUhvelU/edit?usp=sharing

pstglia

Aug 16, 2014, 10:06:10 AM8/16/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Can anyone build for me or atleast help me to build 4.4-r1 with some newer kernel (I know for a fact that this build worked on mines ~ http://postimg.org/image/5kcehx2o9/full/ ) I manage to boot my system up with the build on the website but then the screen starts glitching after a while and stops responding. My hardwere - AMD A8 APU and 6gig ram
 Have you tried this one (Mesa 10.1.5)?

I have an APU too (A10 5800k - Radeon 7660D integrated IGP) and it runs ok on my hardware. I'm able to run some apps like Antutu Benchmark and games like Lawless, Andry birds, etc. Check this out:

Mashnoon Ibtesum

Aug 16, 2014, 10:14:48 AM8/16/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
But its not based on 4.4-r1 . There are some features unique to that build I'm looking for :P I have had tried those ISO before they run OK

Francesco Diaz

Aug 17, 2014, 12:15:34 AM8/17/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
same problems here, with r1