bluetooth activation ?

Episteme PROMENEUR

Oct 16, 2022, 10:23:39 AM10/16/22
to Android-x86
Hello

i use android-x86 7.1 r5 with qemu 7.1
and the bt dongle
0a5c:21e8 Broadcom Corp. BCM20702A0 Bluetooth 4.0

can we use Bluetooth ?

 I use "-device usb-host,vendorid=<vendoridid>,productid=<productid>"

With "Terminal" app and "hciconfig" I can check that android-x86 is aware of the dongle.

But the dongle is "down".

If I use android settings to activate Bluetooth then this fails.

Thanks

Episteme PROMENEUR

Oct 22, 2022, 5:17:58 AM10/22/22
to Android-x86
No problem with an openSUSE tumbleweed QEMU VM. I can connect my smartphone.
The problem comes from android-x86.

Episteme PROMENEUR

Oct 22, 2022, 6:00:41 AM10/22/22
to Android-x86
Same problem with 8.1 r5 and 9.0 r2

İlhan Atahan

Oct 22, 2022, 9:22:32 AM10/22/22
to Android-x86
Turn the dongle up with hcitools, additionally run below commands;

pm disable com.android.bluetooth
pm enable com.android.bluetooth

Now try to enable bluetooth from settings again.

Episteme PROMENEUR

Oct 22, 2022, 9:42:33 AM10/22/22
to Android-x86
This fails.
Operation not permitted
Permission denial

see the capture
activating_bt.png

Episteme PROMENEUR

Oct 22, 2022, 2:44:46 PM10/22/22
to Android-x86
Success

I used "su root" with :

hcconfigg hci0 up
pm disable com.android.bluetooth
pm enable com.android.bluettooth

I restarted android-x86

i connected with success my smartphone

@ata.ilhan

Many thanks

I wonder why if android-x86 detect well the dongle then it does not automatically enable (I don't say "activate") the bluetooth ?
Message has been deleted