Wifi Broadcom

Hunter Breathat

Dec 31, 2018, 1:51:09 AM12/31/18
to Android-x86
Hey, so I noticed that the installation of the Broadcom drivers doesn't actually include the BRCM43142 hcd file.

Not sure if this goes here but I believe I have a solution.

PS. This driver has an issue on manjaro Linux also

Brcm: this is the repo that currently houses the hcd files.

1) download the required hcd file
(which you can get by running)

dmesg | grep "BCM" >> hcdFile.txt

2) copy the hcd file to /lib/firmware/brcm
3) reboot

if there is a way to bundle the files in point me to where i can suggest that.

Thanks in advance
Hunter

Hunter Breathat

Dec 31, 2018, 2:59:23 AM12/31/18
to Android-x86
Let me be corrected it is being read as a diff device BCM 4365 instead of BCM 43142

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 2, 2019, 3:32:40 AM1/2/19
to Android-x86
Hunter Breathat <breatha...@gmail.com> 於 2018年12月31日 週一 下午2:51寫道:

> Hey, so I noticed that the installation of the Broadcom drivers doesn't actually include the BRCM43142 hcd file.
>
> Not sure if this goes here but I believe I have a solution.

Does it really work?

> PS. This driver has an issue on manjaro Linux also
>
> Brcm: this is the repo that currently houses the hcd files.
>
> 1) download the required hcd file
> (which you can get by running)
>
> dmesg | grep "BCM" >> hcdFile.txt
>
> 2) copy the hcd file to /lib/firmware/brcm
> 3) reboot
>
> if there is a way to bundle the files in point me to where i can suggest that.

You can provide the files.
I'll include them next release.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Hunter Breathat

Jan 2, 2019, 11:11:35 AM1/2/19
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately it didn't but I am looking into trying ubuntu's brcm files as my wifi and such work on Ubuntu but I'll keep you posted

Praveenkumar Jangala

Jul 14, 2020, 1:56:51 PM7/14/20
to Android-x86
Hi,

I am looking for solution to similar problem. My wifi card is brcm43142 and it is not working in android9-x86. Can you please let me know how solve this issue.

Thanks in advance
Praveen

Lantaburo

Jul 14, 2020, 2:58:36 PM7/14/20
to Android-x86
I can only advise to use Android-x86-7.1-R2 for those who have Broadcom WiFi cards

Pada Rabu, 15 Juli 2020 00.56.51 UTC + 7, Praveenkumar Jangala menulis:
Hai,

  Saya mencari solusi untuk masalah serupa. Kartu wifi saya adalah brcm43142 dan tidak berfungsi di android9-x86. Bisakah Anda memberi tahu saya cara mengatasi masalah ini.

Terima kasih sebelumnya,
Praveen

Daniel Cheung

Jul 14, 2020, 3:03:28 PM7/14/20
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Looks like it's not supported by b43 and b43legacy drivers that came with the kernel for Android 9. Not sure how to include the "wl" driver into the kernel.

Praveenkumar Jangala

Jul 14, 2020, 3:44:47 PM7/14/20
to Android-x86
I saw that. But I don't understand how it's working with my ubuntu 19.04 version having Linux kernel 4.x which is same for android 9

Praveenkumar Jangala

Jul 15, 2020, 11:40:30 PM7/15/20
to Android-x86

Hi ,

   I have got log from dmesg. It prints some error which i could not understand. Please check attachment and help me what it is. My wifi card is bcm43142 but it shows bcm4365 . I think driver is same for bcm43x family.

Thanks
Praveen
IMG20200716085149.jpg