How to set default sound devices and problems with microphone

Sofiane Soussi

Feb 5, 2015, 5:24:32 PM2/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am running android-x86 on a zotac zbox id10. I have conntected usb speakers and a webcam with a microphone.

I have a question:
How do I set the default sound output/input, so that when muting / increasing / decreasing the sound from android, it affects the default sound output and when capturing sound in android, it comes from my webcam microphone.

I am using Android-x86 4.4-r2. I tried to capture sound at Linux level (using a terminal and selecting the right device from /proc/asound/cards) but it did not capture anything and the webcam led did not light. The module snd-udb-module was loaded and used by the device. So I cannot understand what is the problem.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks