Adjust Resolution of Android-x86 to 800x480

micha.l...@googlemail.com

Dec 18, 2013, 1:56:49 AM12/18/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello Communitiy.

I'm new here and I'm also new to Android, especially Android-x86.

This ist my Setup:
ITX-Board running Andoird-x86-Jelly Bean (build from source)
7" WVGA (800x480) Display connected via LVDS.

My Problem:
The Resolution doesn't fit. It is too large.
Is there a way to Setup the Resolution direclty from Android?
Otherwise, where to adjust in the Source?

Thank you very much in advance
Michael

Masaki Muranaka

Dec 19, 2013, 1:16:18 AM12/19/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi micha,

Try to add "vga=ask" to the kernel option. You'll get the vga mode
selection menu.

Cheers,

2013/12/18 <micha.l...@googlemail.com>:
> --

Masaki Muranaka
Monami-ya LLC, Japan.
Message has been deleted

micha.l...@googlemail.com

Dec 19, 2013, 3:04:22 AM12/19/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hey Masaki,

thank you for your response.
First: I've tried to append vga=ask to bootline.
My desired resolution 800x480 does not appear. --> Is it possible that the board doesn't support this resolution?

Second: Each selection I take from vga=ask ends up in the same result. (See attachment )

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Masaki Muranaka

Dec 19, 2013, 4:21:12 AM12/19/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello micha,

When using vga=ask, it depends on your VGA card and your display
device which resolution can be selected.
Generally, it may be fixed by upgrading BIOS (if it is provided for your board).

Cheers,

micha.l...@googlemail.com

Dec 19, 2013, 8:32:51 AM12/19/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hey Masaki,

you've made my day!!
After BIOS Update it works.

Thank you and "Cheers"

micha.l...@googlemail.com

Jan 3, 2014, 7:36:30 AM1/3/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
After BIOS Update the BIOS provides me the needed resolution of 800x480 but vga=ask doesn't.
The display is now totally filled, but it looks like, that the picture is stretched.
Any thought?

Thank you
IMG_199221.jpg
Message has been deleted

micha.l...@googlemail.com

Jan 8, 2014, 3:31:18 AM1/8/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I half-fixed/ identified the problem like this way:

Installed an Ubuntu image (12.04)
Installed the cedar-view-graphics-drivers
--> This works.

Btw: Board is Intel Atom N2800 with Intel GMA 3600

Do you know how to port this drivers to android x86?

Thank you very much for help

Micha

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 8, 2014, 4:18:32 AM1/8/14
to Android-x86
You may use this kernel to rebuild your android-x86 image:

http://git.android-x86.org/?p=kernel/cdv.git;a=summary

2014/1/8 <micha.l...@googlemail.com>:
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org

micha.l...@googlemail.com

Jan 15, 2014, 5:53:43 AM1/15/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Hey Chih-Wei

thank you very much for your response.
I've downloaded the cdv-kernel and replaced the standard-kernel.
When now doing . build/envsetup.sh; lunch 5 (android-x86-eng); m iso_img I get the following error: "make: *** No rule to make target `kernel/arch/x86/configs/android-x86_defconfig"
Otherwise if I do build/envsetup.sh; lunch 5 (android-x86-eng); m iso_img TARGET_KERNEL_CONFIG=x86_64_defconfig the build process is running complete, but the iso file doesn't work. That means, that the installer runs in a loop with "Select partition", "Choose filesystem", "Grub", "read/write".

Thanks for support in advance

Micha

micha.l...@googlemail.com

Jan 27, 2014, 3:44:03 AM1/27/14