lollipop-x86_64 build log

Geek Till It Hertz

Jan 18, 2015, 10:21:44 PM1/18/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I am getting this error?

including ./system/security/keystore/Android.mk ...
including ./system/security/softkeymaster/Android.mk ...
including ./system/vold/Android.mk ...
including ./vendor/intel/houdini/Android.mk ...
make: *** No rule to make target `external/ffmpeg/libavcodec/../android/include/../config-x86_64.mak'.  Stop.

#### make failed to build some targets (02:26 (mm:ss)) ####

ric@ric-ubuntu:~/android-x86$

Yuvaraj Patil

Jan 23, 2015, 2:50:15 PM1/23/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
make: *** No rule to make target
`external/ffmpeg/libavcodec/../android/include/../config-x86_64.mak'.  Stop.

#### make failed to build some targets (02:26 (mm:ss)) ####

I also got the similar error while building Android lollipop-x86_64 build.
Does anyone know the solution for this error?

rbg

Jan 23, 2015, 3:32:58 PM1/23/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
MROSSI has developed solutions for these issues with his work
on mesa....others have also contributed..

check these forums as they have moved on from there and for now
just using a 64 bit kernel with 32 bit user space is about all that's buildable..

IMO

Mauro Rossi

Jan 23, 2015, 4:45:32 PM1/23/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

you can find in the attachment the updated list of encountered problems and final solutions or temporary workarounds.

I solved config-x86_64.mak somehow by istinct, I tried and I was lucky.

Some of workarounds are really ugly, but my objective was to find all major problems and build a quick & dirty, to refine later.
Many apps and services will be still running 32 bits on multiarch build.

One of mysteries is why mesa can be built multiarch on Linux OSes and with Android Build System and multiarch asm has to be disabled because otherwise one of the two targets always fails to build.
Another one is why basic build system calls are not working anymore with lollipop, like $(call local-generated-sources-dir) which should in principle work for generated files, but it is not working.

Mauro
Issues_lollipop-x86_64bit_2015-01-15.txt

Mauro Rossi

Jan 23, 2015, 5:17:26 PM1/23/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
> $(call local-generated-sources-dir)

Sorry, wrong copy & paste, it is $(call local-intermediates-dir) that gave me problems with multiarch build
M.

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 23, 2015, 11:31:17 PM1/23/15
to Android-x86
$(call local-generated-sources-dir) was just invented for multiarch build.
$(call local-intermediates-dir) is left probably for compatibility,
It should not be used in multiarch build.
Refer to the commit d8262646 in build/ dir.
To be honest I was not aware of that either
until I saw your patch. So thanks for finding it.

To All: you will probably notice there is no much progress
in lollipop-x86 branch since it's released. That's true.
Actually there are too much issues to be solved so
the 64-bit porting is not in high priority for me.

In the past months we still are working on kitkat-x86
for newer kernel and mesa porting since
the kitkat-x86 codebase is much more stable than lollipop-x86.
After we finalize the new porting I'll forward port it
to lollipop-x86 to make some real progress.

For the original question in this thread,
the easiest way to fix it is just ignore the ffmpeg
since it's not be porting to lollipop0-x86 yet.
Just empty external/ffmpeg/Android.mk or
remove external/ffmpeg entirely.